Tom Westcott, 1987 Suzuki Samurai

hytekauto
MegaSquirt Newbie

Tom Westcott, 1987 Suzuki Samurai

Post by hytekauto »

1987 Suzuki Samurai 1.2L 5 Speed 4 Wheel Drive

Used Megasquirt V2.2 board, flyback mod, IGBT mod with V2 CPU running V2.862 firmware.

Replaced the ECU controlled 2 barrel carb with a stock Suzuki FI manifold with a homebrewed adapter to a 2.2L Mopar 1 barrel throttle body. I'm also using a stock Mercruiser Marine swirl pot with built in high pressure fuel pump. This allows me to use the stock fuel pump to feed the pot and the internal electric pump to feed the throttle body. Because of the very small size of the motor, I had to use extremely short pulse widths on the single Mopar injector (.5ms open time), .6-.8ms at idle. Fortunately, this particular injector reliably opens. The engine is also very sensitive to the IAC and small changes to the number of counts has a immediate effect in idle speed. I locked the stock distributor's advance mechanism, used the stock internal coil driver, with a 510 ohm 1 watt load resistor to input into 'Squirt. I then used the IGBT output to directly drive the stock coil and tachometer feed. With very little tuning, the little beast is running better than it has in years. Thanks Al and Bruce and the countless others who make this such a rewarding project.
Tom Westcott
Hytek Automotive
Portage, WI

'68 Hemi Dodge Super Bee
DDavidtenlyMEN
MegaSquirt Newbie

Tom Westcott 1987 Suzuki Samurai

Post by DDavidtenlyMEN »

do you have any images of your 1997 coil sprung samurai??? thanks