subaru with all stock sensors and stock 6/7 crank wheel

suberacer
MegaSquirt Newbie

subaru with all stock sensors and stock 6/7 crank wheel

Post by suberacer »

:yeah!: it runs :yeah!: 2000 subaru impreza rs with all stock sensors and stock 6/7 crank wheel..
mods are:
full ECU swap to MS2/Extra (Subaru 6/7)
4bar map daddy
custom intake ported and polished with 1” longer runners, 2 fuel injectors per cylinder, ported and polished 1998 2.5 ltr heads, 255-ltr fuel pump, carbon fiber timing belt, 1994 2.2 ltr closed deck block with oil squirters, Eagle rods, JE Pistons, Copper head gasket, SCAT crank , UNORTHODOX RACING pulleys, HKS Remote oil filter, Front mount oil cooler, top mount intercooler. 4 to 2 to 1 full ss headder no up pipe, Turbochargers.com MHI TD06-20G big daddy turbo, Apexi turbo back wide mouth ss 80mm N1 exhaust system, HKS blow off valve, WEAPON-R intake, EXEDY clutch, SYMS 8lbs flywheel, 2000 subaru rs 5 speed with straight cut dog tooth gear set, SYMS racing shifter, Quaife Engineering front and rear LSD, SYMS group N full car bushing set, SYMS front and rear top strut brace, RalliTEK STi Full Sway Bar Kit, RalliTEK front and rear endlinks, Cusco Comp-S front and rear camber plates, 50mm groundcontrol Coilovers, Rotora 4pot Front and 2 pot rear brakes, SPARCO corsa Front seats, carbon fiber air bag covers, indigo reverse glow gauges, VeilSide carbon hood, front lip, side rockers, rear spats, PIAA lights, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD dry for street, Hoosier D.O.T. A6 for autocross, 5Zigen Wheels,
And best of all a full ECU swap to MS2/extra (subaru 6/7) :yeah!:
i will try to answer any questions i can about my build up of my ms2/extra
Special thanks to Matt and Justin at http://www.diyautotune.com and the ms/extra code writers that made this work :yeah!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by suberacer on Sat May 09, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
impregacy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: subaru with all stock sensors and stock 6/7 crank wheel

Post by impregacy »

Hi Suberacer, nice job getting all that to work. I will have many questions for you--I'm building an ej22t also, but on a shoesting budget--it won't be nearly as nice as yours. Do you have any more build pics or a build blog type thing? How did you mount the second set of injectors. Also are you using the stock subaru IAC?

Thank you for the encouraging success story,

Adam
suberacer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by suberacer »

Adam, i have some build pics but not to many.. sorry no blog :( .... i am using the stock subaru IAC valve mine is a 2000rs 6 wire... i built the intake out of 3 stock intakes. (2) 2000rs and (1) 1998rs. i took my 2000rs and cut out the top feed fuel injectors at about a 45deg. angle wedge. and then cut the mounting flange off all even. then took the 1998rs and cut about 2" up from the injecctor/flange. and welded them onto my 2000rs. (longer runners) so my main fuel injectors are 1998rs side feed. then i notched the top of the runner right at the bend down so the second set of injectors squirt fuel stright down the pipe. the notch is the same as i cut the 2000rs injectors out. then welded them in place. now my second set are 2000rs top feed all the fuel in feed from the front and has 4 pressure regs/return not looped. the other intake i used for coil mounts and sencers mounts and misc. things i needed to make fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fujative06
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by fujative06 »

:yeah!: this is also a great find for me to because i have a ej22t and a 96 dohc 2.5 that i have started to build mildly and on a budget and just recently found out about megasquirt. i was wondering if you had any base maps that you started out with i realize you have a 20g and i plan on running the stock turbo but i think it would help me work a few things out.
thanks
Mike
Safir
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Safir »

Looking at your MS board I have a few questions - working on a similar project myself...

I see the second spark output circuit and what appears to be a second VR conditioner in the Proto area, but what are the jumper wires on the MS2 daughterboard itself?

Also, can you share a msq file for those of us working on similar projects to reference?

thanks!
sime
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by sime »

hi ,did you use a peak and hold board for yours injectors ?
suberacer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by suberacer »

sime wrote:hi ,did you use a peak and hold board for yours injectors ?
sorry its taking me so long to reply... i used low-impedance injectors and 2 batch fire injector drivers from matt at DIYautotune.. http://www.diyautotune.com/

Safir wrote:Looking at your MS board I have a few questions - working on a similar project myself...

I see the second spark output circuit and what appears to be a second VR conditioner in the Proto area, but what are the jumper wires on the MS2 daughterboard itself?

Also, can you share a msq file for those of us working on similar projects to reference?

thanks!
again im sorry for taking so long to respond... i only have one coil driver to fire my coil wasted spark... i think maybe what you are seeing is another injector driver... i used 2 to batch fire my 2 sets of 4 for staged injection.... i do have another VR conditioner in the proto area to pick up the VR cam sensor for the subaru 6/7 code ... the extra wires on the MegaSquirt-II daughterboard are to make the ms2extra code work... i will up load my curent tune config file.. but i am havign some trouble tuning the AFR right now so i dont know if i would use my VE tables :(

fujative06 wrote::yeah!: this is also a great find for me to because i have a ej22t and a 96 dohc 2.5 that i have started to build mildly and on a budget and just recently found out about megasquirt. i was wondering if you had any base maps that you started out with i realize you have a 20g and i plan on running the stock turbo but i think it would help me work a few things out.
thanks
Mike
again mike is sorry for not responding quicker :( here is my tune file i am having a little trouble with my AFR right now but i hope to have it fixed soon... :)
aussie_in_mo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by aussie_in_mo »

suberacer wrote:the extra wires on the MegaSquirt-II daughterboard are to make the ms2extra code work
Hi, saw this and it caught my attention. Maybe I've missed it in the documentation I've been reading, can you point me to where this is spelled out so I can understand what's going on here?
Thanks!!
subiemsII
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by subiemsII »

The tune you saved on this blog is it still working for you? how many miles have you got on it since this tune? Is the motor OK?