87 toyota 22re with stroker crank and turbo

For vehicles not yet running, but in the process of converting to MegaSquirt (ask a moderator to move your thread once you are running).
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Re: 87 toyota 22re with stroker crank and turbo

Post by shanex-2 »

this one is of the connecters 1 going to the distributer on the other one is going to the coil . The coil wires have a weatherpack connecter so when the valves need to be adjusted it can be disconnected and re conected easily for removal of the valve cover. 22r owners know this all too well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
having fun every step of the way
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

this one is of the top half of the manafold removed showing all the wires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

this one is of the wireing harness for the injectors I made it with a weatherpack connector so If I use a different set of injecters I wont have to cut and splice into the wiring harness.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

here is a pic of the iac assy that will replace the factory one and it bolts in the same place .
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

I will be posting some more pics of the install of the manafold and wiring harness hopfully by the end of this month.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

I decided to post some pics of the cheap ebay turbo that I will be using to mockup the exaust pluming . I will put it on the engine in the truck right know not the stroker and see if it will actually work for any period of time befor craping out. I also have a pic of a cheap turbo manafold found on ebay. Personaly I dont have much faith in it but it gave me an idea on how to build a good turbo header.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

some more
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

and the rest
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

well after seeing posts on 22rte-trucks.com I decided to not run the cheap ebay manafold because I dont want to have to re thread any exaust manafold studs. Oh well it's yet another expensive paper weight. At least I have learned from someone elses mistakes. I have a STEED SPEED manafold coming and will be posting pics of it when it arives will also have pics of the intake and ecu install comeing soon .

Shanex-2
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

Ok I finally got the manifold :yeah!: and I decided to do a mockup of the system to see what I would need for exaust routing . I must say IMHO STEED SPEED turbo manifolds are the only manifolds to use . Here are some pics of the parts put on my stock engine . keep in mind the turbo is for mock up only which is why its empty.