87 toyota 22re with stroker crank and turbo

For vehicles not yet running, but in the process of converting to MegaSquirt (ask a moderator to move your thread once you are running).
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Re: 87 toyota 22re with stroker crank and turbo

Post by shanex-2 »

and some more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
having fun every step of the way
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

some more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

and the last one for today . It looks like it's all comming together and I cant wait to see how the whole engine package performs
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

ok so I finaly got everything that I need to at least put the megasquirt in my truck . I will be using my stock engine for the time being and will not be using a turbo because I don't have all the exaust system fabricated yet. I have the intake manafold installed and need to finish the wiring. Hopefully I will be able to start the engine by this weekend (work alowing). Here are some pics of the install thus far.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

and some more
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

and the last one for today.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

Well unfotunatly I have ran into some problems the first being that I wired in the TPS wrong but that was easy to fix . My other problem is I don't seem to have a pickup signal from the distributor. Hopfully I will have this problem straitened out tomorrow.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

It runs :yeah!: but I am still haveing problems to deal with like when I tried to start it up after some tweaking I got a realy loud backfire. Not sure if I just made the mixture to rich or if I'm having timeing issues but I will work on it tomorrow and hopfully will have it fixed and ready for a drive soon.
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

I still have some issue with my timing reading different on tuner studio compared to my crank pully ( this is what caused my backfire ). However that problem not withstanding I went for a test drive anyway. All I can say is :yeah!: even with a very rough tune this stock engine feels like it has more power now then with the factory fuel injection system.I will have pics of the rest of the install and the nice hidden place that the computer will inhabit ( thanks to my friend Drew for that one).
shanex-2
Helpful Squirter

Post by shanex-2 »

Ok as prommised I have the rest of the install pics. The first one is showing that I welded in an O/2 bung a little bit ahead of where the stock one was. The second one shows where the controller is mounted. The third one shows the dash pad and the comm cable.