Just getting started...Pontiac Fiero, Chevy V8

For vehicles not yet running, but in the process of converting to MegaSquirt (ask a moderator to move your thread once you are running).
orphancars
MegaSquirt Newbie

Just getting started...Pontiac Fiero, Chevy V8

Post by orphancars »

First post!

Car: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
Engine: 1991 Small Block Chevy V8
Engine Mods: TPIS MiniRam intake
Accel 24# injectors
TPIS Cam
1991 Corvette ECU w/ TPIS custom PROM
MSD Blaster Coil-in-Cap
MSD Digital-6 Ignition

Why we're here: Well, the car has been built for a few years, and recently I've been having a little trouble with certain electrical gremlins that have started to appear. That coupled with some minor drivability issues along with a few things I didn't like about the wiring have pushed me over the edge. I want to redo the wiring for the whole back half of the car along with swapping out the factory ECU with a MS-II and Relay board. Been doing some research since the weekend and I believe that this is the best way to go. Still trying to research how the Digital-6 ignition will play into all of this, whether I need to keep it or if the MS can completely replace it.

I'll listen to any and all "been there, done that" advice I can. This is a definite next project. I'll start pulling out all the old wiring this coming weekend, order the hard parts, and start placing new things in the car.

I am truly interested in understanding how all of this works -- we'll also be putting the Megassquirt to the test on two other car projects here -- a 1973 TVR 2500M which will be running an LT4 engine, and a 1977 Puma that will be running an injected 2110 VW Type-I motor.

thanks,

-jeff d
http://orphancars.com