85' Chevy 454 pulling Truck

For vehicles not yet running, but in the process of converting to MegaSquirt (ask a moderator to move your thread once you are running).
domunique
MegaSquirt Newbie

85' Chevy 454 pulling Truck

Post by domunique »

Ok here goes my Project, I managed to make a few pulls last year with this motor and have finally jumped full bore into the MSII along with many other upgrades.

Engine is a stock bore 454 with forged 11.5:1 dome tops
Heads are Pro-Comp Aluminum 2.25/1.88 115cc

To squirt it I Have aquired the following compents:

MS-II kit and relay board from Diyautotune.com - soldered up and working on the Stim
A universal wire harness from Rs-autosport.com sorry but I cut off the DB37 I just wanted the nice GXL wire with the lables
Innovate LC-1
Accell Pro-Ram Intake with 36lb/hr injectors
Accufab 4150 throttle body with TPS and stepper IAC.

For the ignition I currently have a aftermarket dist feeding my MSD 6AL via the VR sensor wires and plan on using that after I weld up the advance mech in the dizzy.

Wire harness is done, and it appears all the sensors are reading correctly with the intake sitting on the table. I'm thinking I'm gonna go for it this weekend and see if she will run.

Any advice, or thoughts feel free to comment I may need all the help I can get when it comes to tuning it.

domunique
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 85' Chevy 454 pulling Truck

Post by domunique »

Ok it's in and running. The first LC-1 died shortly after starting it so i never got much chance to tune it. I just replaced it last night but have yet to start it.

This pics a few days old because I now have the front clip back on