`95 impreza t2k with diy pnp Denso n76 install

For vehicles not yet running, but in the process of converting to MegaSquirt (ask a moderator to move your thread once you are running).
usquirtimpreza
MegaSquirt Newbie

`95 impreza t2k with diy pnp Denso n76 install

Post by usquirtimpreza »

Hi, I'm currently building/installing a Diy PNP N76 kit in my scooby!!!! I have had the kit about 3 weeks now and the car is almost running :D , still a fair bit to do on the mapping side though. Has anyone else taken this route with their scoob??

I went for this kit as it came with the 76 way connector that my car uses, this means that I can go back to the standard ECU whenever I please. I bought the kit from diyautotune.com and so far I would thoroughly recommend the kit as it is easy to assemble and set up. Hopefully I will have some photos soon.

Brief spec of the car:
95 Impreza turbo 2000 with 200k on the clock :shock:
96 STI engine fitted
IHI VF28 turbo
yellow 440's for now
walbro 255
top mount IC
Sports CAT
straight through from cat to back box, more exhaust mods to come.
2J Tech edge wideband O2 kit
Short shift kit
Uprated clutch
V5 STI shockers and springs all round standard ride height.
Anti roll bar mods and anti lift kit to come
Standard brakes all round :shock: bigger brakes will be a future mod along with hoses
Standard turbo 2000 wheels.
Now fitting diy PNP N76 microsquirt controller. Not looking for ridiculous HP just a reliable and drivable set up.
usquirtimpreza
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: `95 impreza t2k with diy pnp Denso n76 install

Post by usquirtimpreza »

The car is now running :D .

However still needs a lot of tuning as it running ridiculously rich. I still need to play around with the idle control settings as it does not idle. Pictures coming soon.

Car is now idling over and cold starts nicely. I found a MAP on this forum (I think) a while ago that a was being used on an impreza in the US, although the output was much higher. Obviously I'm not relying on the map but I have used it as a base map to get the car running. I've had to adjust the idle and cold start settings along with fuel and ignition settings. The car now idles fine, I took it for a easy going trip up the road and its got flat spots all over the shop.
The standard Impreza ECU controls the cooling fan, I have set one of the outputs to control this on the new ECU, works well. Its set with a couple of degrees hysteresis to prevent the fan from turning on and off irratically around the turn on temperature.