Mercedes W124 2.0 E with MegaSquirt

For vehicles not yet running, but in the process of converting to MegaSquirt (ask a moderator to move your thread once you are running).
3vracing
MegaSquirt Newbie

Mercedes W124 2.0 E with MegaSquirt

Post by 3vracing »

Hi guys ! Recently I used MegaSquirt on a few cars and I'm greatly satisfied with the final results.
In this topic I'll tell about a Mercedes W124 2.0 E petrol engine 122hp. 102 LPG Fuel injection.
The car has regular Gas System.
With regular gas systems the following problems may occur:
Detonations.
Blocking or shifting of the K-Jetronic valve.
In case of Detonations it’s common that the muff tears apart.
If the K-Jetronic valve blocks the car can not start on neither petrol nor gas.
If the K-Jetronic valve shifts it disrupts the centering of the K-Jetronic and the car will burn more fuel. In this case the car also will not be able to start on petrol.
We installed MegaSquirt ver 2.2 fuel only. It immediately decreased the fuel consumption ( gas and petrol ). With MegaSquirt the engine works better and the fuel consumption decreases. There are no detonations and all issues mentioned above are avoided. MegaSquirt also provides better fuel mixture and the car runs smoothly and accelerates faster. The greatest achievement is that by using MegaSquirt you actually achieve electric gas injection installed on K-Jetronic.
I'm going to show you some pics below.
Day 1:

I also figured out a place in the Mercedes, where I could put it, so that it remains as a part of the car, rather than just another aftermarket gadget.

Day2: I finished what I started, it took some hard work, but you can see the results:

Day 3 was dedicated to testing. As I said above the car runs perfectly, all problems are gone, and with Megasquirt you actually avoid the possibility for most of those problems to occur.

According to the forum rules, I kindly ask a moderator to put this topic along side with the other successful megasquirt projects.