1985 S123 230TE with MS1 V2.2 B&G 3.0 code

Mercedes.
voytas
MegaSquirt Newbie

1985 S123 230TE with MS1 V2.2 B&G 3.0 code

Post by voytas »

I'm in the middle of conversion from old K-Jetronic injection to EFI.

Choices made:
  • PCB v2.2
  • MegaSquirt 1.0 (for fueling)
  • Stock dizzy ignition
  • Ford Scorpio 2.0 DOHC 210cm3/min injectors
  • Saab 900 2.0i fuel rail
  • Stock Bosch CLT sensor (mounted next to the K-Jetronic sensor)
  • NB Bosch 3 wire O2 sensor
Things already done:
  1. Bought mini kit from Glen's Garage, bought remaining parts and got it assembled.
  2. Bought fuel rail, injectors and spare intake manifold
  3. Bought exhaust manifold with O2 sensor socket (taken out of W124). I also had to buy exhaust pipe from W124 2.3 and adjust it a little to fit it in my car. All works perfectly :)
  4. Installed all sensor wires and manifold vacuum pipe. MegaSquirt will be mounted above passenger knees.
  5. Connected MegaSquirt to the sensors and collected some logs while driving (still using stock K-Jetronic injection).
Problems so far:
  • I couldn't decide where to mount the O2 sensor. Finally I've bought the exhaust manifold with sensor socket inside it. As a consequence the exhaust pipes also had to be taken from W124. Some adjustments had to be made in order to fit in 123 - there was too little space for it.
  • Ford Scorpio injectors are bigger than stock K-Jetronic ones. The injectors holes had to be enlarged.
  • Tach signal is taken from coil's negative terminal. It is good signal but very noisy - there are some spikes in the MegaLogViewer graph.
TODOs:
  • Injectors' wiring
  • MAT sensor - I'm going to buy the sensor used in W124 2.2 (EFI controlled)
  • Fuel rail mounting and fuel lines
  • O2 sensor heating - I haven't connected it yet.
Photos soon :)
voytas
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1985 S123 230TE with MS1 V2.2 B&G 3.0 code

Post by voytas »

Today I got the engine running.
It started after 3 seconds of cranking and the idle was very smooth without any VE table adjustments :yeah!:

I still have to finish the wiring and re-calibrate temperature sensors ( I get bad readings... ).

I could not believe when It started the first time, megasquirt is great!
Hey_Allen
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Hey_Allen »

What did you do to handle idle air control?
voytas
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by voytas »

Hey_Allen wrote:What did you do to handle idle air control?
In M102 version installed in S123 there is nothing more but a bi-metal driven Bosch valve.
However I'm not sure if it running or not. I'm having no problems with idle control.

Currently MegaSquirt is used only few minutes after startup before switching to LPG which is not driven by ECU yet...