So, I started to build my 560 engine that I took from a W126 at the junkyard. I had to rebuild the entire engine unfortunately. I also wanted to go with an EDIS-8 setup which required a lot of components to be modified.
It fired up today, with the EDIS ignition. I still have many things to do but it is a start. I have more posted at:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/sl- ... 560sl.html
Let's see what I can remember:
- The TPS is that from an old Ford, pictures of a small interface piece are in the post above.
- The MAT is from a GM
- The CTS is from an E36 BMW (same thread but has two wires thus does not use engine as grounding)
- The rails were manufactured by me
- The fuel lines and fittings were created from parts I got from Summit
- The fuel pressure regulator is from a Volvo that had a 3.0 bar regulator
- The air idle valve is the original but it has been moved to a different location (drive by PWM)
- The injectors are Ford V8 injectors
- The air filter is from K&N
- The oil separator is from Ebay
- the O2 sensor is a wide band sensor with an Innovate LC-1 controller
- The 36-1 wheel is from a 4-banger Ford, the middle cut out and spot welded to the original pulley
- The pickup is from a V6 Mustang
- The ignition coils are from a V8 Ford
- The ignition wires are home made from 8mm MSD wires, Ford coil plugs, and Pontiac spark plug connectors (they are long and have a nice metal heat shield with a spring)
- The spark plugs are Bosch platinum WR8DP+ (to keep engine cooler) with the gap at 0.054"
I'll post pictures once I clean up a little more.