1990 Geo Metro; Engine Dyno

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
herning
MegaSquirt Newbie

1990 Geo Metro; Engine Dyno

Post by herning »

I have a 1990 Geo Metro (1 L 3 cyl) engine that is being used to dyno test the Singh head modification. I needed a easy to use fuel computer which I can use to lock fueling settings so that subsequent tests are the same. To that end I have a MS V2.0 installed and running the fuel aspect. At this point just using a normal vac advance dist for spark. Depending upon the success of the tests, I may goto a V3 and start looking at spark timing as well.

To start with I'll be tuning the engine (1990 XFI 1.0L 3 cyl) and get it running well up to redline (about 6k). Dyno utilizes a hydraulic load cell. Will go through the engine to make sure its in tip top shape and then will run a series of baseline tests in stock form. Then I will modify a second head so that after the only addition is the Singh grooves (compression remains the same) and this will be installed and the same test run as engine loads, emissions, EGT, etc are all logged and compared.

Hoping to also put together a ionization current monitor to compare baseline to modified.

Garrett
Cutlass327
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1990 Geo Metro; Engine Dyno

Post by Cutlass327 »

Have you had any luck with this setup? I'm thinking of turbocharging my 92, and from what I've read about the MS on the Ford 2.3T forums, this would be the way to go. What's this Singh modification? I'm not finding much info about how-to, more of 'look what I did to my Geo'. Thanks for any help and info.
mdh
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1990 Geo Metro; Engine Dyno

Post by mdh »

Have a look here for starters...

http://www.herningg.com/projects/groovyheads.html

BTW how did you get on with your Geo?

I have a 3 cylinder I'd like to 'squirt! :D