LS1 in Camaro

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
matwelli
MegaSquirt Newbie

LS1 in Camaro

Post by matwelli »

Using an (Chev) LS1 sourced from a late model Holden Commodore, 1500cfm fast throttle body, large headers and performance cam.

The engine is running using an MS1 V3board (running the MS extra code), modified for 4 spark outputs (5 volt logic drive) and twin wheel decoder inputs (also 5 volt logic).

The engine is running on the Factory Crank and Cam sensors, the cam sensor signal is modified by a dual monostable to provide a 3ms pulse at TDC.

I will post up the diagram of the cam circuit is there is any interest.

The factory injectors have been upgraded with some 33lb per hour ones.

Off to the Dyno on Friday, will post up the results and configuration files if anyone is interested.

Many thanks need to go to Dave White who lead the way with a running LS1 last year,and provided me with the information on the coil packs and cam/crank sensors

Cheers

Mathew[/b][/i]
Cheers

Mathew
matwelli
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by matwelli »

Progress on the dyno.

Had to change from Map to TPS fueling as only 70 kPa at idle !

just about melted piston #8 (running lean), the factory fuel rails is badly designed, anyone contemplating using this engine should modify the rail with seperate feeds and returns for each side. The factory ecu gets around the problem with sequential injection which lessens teh demand on teh rail, but it is still not ideal on a performace motor.

Have managed to get the first 3000 rpm tuned, very tricky as the aftermarket throttle body is rated at 1500cfm, and as you crack it open there is a very large change in fuel requirement.

Tomorrow is the big day, full power runs now that the basics are set.
looks like the cam comes on at 4500 rpm, and max hp will be at 6500 rpm.
Cheers

Mathew
jacobrussell
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jacobrussell »

update update update????????