64 el camino, with hilborn injection, converted to efi using

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
kaeman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 64 el camino, with hilborn injection, converted to efi using

Post by kaeman »

Hey looks great, I like what you did, I dont see the distr. so I am assuming that you are running multi coils and a crank trigger? or EDIS right. I want to get my unit tuned better, but that will have to wait until after hot august nights, I am headed there with my car. my friend just got his corvette running, but he went with kinsler, brand new efi unit on a 540 inch aluminum big block, he has 800 hp, and 840 ft lbs,... its pretty bad bum.. I am glad to see more of us doing the megasquirt on the hilborns and stuff, my buddies vette has the aem unit on it.. it has been very frustrating.. and my unit (megasquirt) was so much easier to get running and tuned..when I get the wide band fixed I will be back to tuning the 383...
kaeman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by kaeman »

yes my unit is the 2 inch one, from the early 1960's, I have never measured the throttle plates but the manifold in a 265 casting. and has the velocity stacks that are bolted down with 2 screws on each stack tube. with your 40 lb injectors you shoud be in the 500 hp range... I didnt think my street car needed that much.. so I chose the 29 lb injectors... keep me informed on how it is running.. I am looking at upgrading my code to megasquirtn spark..code, after I get the fuel table where I want it. then going to add the spark and see if I can get better performance and mileage....
pluisje
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by pluisje »

i like this one;
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2534784 ... 4017QUBDzE

:D

only; the 2nd bottom tube on the right has a little dent..
dch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dch »

And that was all buy hand, the round manifold is for the IAC and the square manifold is for vaccume. Yes I'm going to use EDIS and I'm still thinking on where to mount the coils?
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3 8pin HEI Image
kaeman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by kaeman »

That is great, I did consider doing the manifold on the bottom, but I figured I needed to plug the old injector nozzle ports, so I went with the fake barrel valve and made it my vacuum manifold. let me know how the IAC works, both of us, my friend with the corvette and myself, have found that we havent had issues of keeping it running smooth at idle.
kaeman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by kaeman »

Well when you cant get enough of a good thing... I did some data logging and used megalog viewer to analize my fuel tables... it was like I added nitrus..... I donated the 25 bucks to Phil tobin... well worth it.. I got the vehicle running so well that I decided to upgrade the firmware to the msnextra029y4 version so I could start working with spark. I made the change but have a couple small issues that I havent finished fixing... I now have a slight surge while running at sustained speeds.. ie 55mph or 65 mph.. I see the airfuel gauge go from 14.2 to 14.7 each time it surges.. but this is a new install for me and I havent figured out all the changes and differences between the software.... I know that the new extra version has lots of bells and whistles the original on doesnt... I havent started using spark control yet.. figured I would get it running as good as it used to before adding ignition to the mix.....
I cant tell you how great this little system is.. I have friends that are using aem and fast systems and they are getting ready to change to megasquirt because my vehicle is so much easier to tune and runs so smooth. :D