Holden HQ one tonne ute

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
Jon98064
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Holden HQ one tonne ute

Post by Jon98064 »

Any chance of an update?

Sharing your experiences would be highly valued
long283
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by long283 »

Not much to update at the moment. The car is semi-retired (hope to get it back on the road with club rego) on the west coast whilst I am on the east coast.
Hoping to swap the stealth-ram manifold on at some point, get the CAS and coil packs installed.
It gets taken for small runs around my parents house on occasions, the loop driveway is made of the infamous west-australian ball bearing gravel.
Ball bearing gravel + SBC = Engine on the rev-limiter + :D

I'm trying to get a u/s VP Commodore ECU so I can use another MS2 to make a plug & play unit for my current ute.
Jon98064
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Jon98064 »

If you put on the stealth-ram manifold
would you be interested in selling the Holley Throttle Body, Weiand Team-G manifold fuel rails and injectors?
long283
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by long283 »

Hi Jon98064,

I was thinking of selling those bits if the stealth-ram works well. Could be several months before I get to swap it over, send me a pm.

The Weiand manifold is good for a heavy breathing SBC but worked reasonably well even on the mild 350 that was in the ute previously. EFI goes a long way to making an engine behave well. I think semi-sequential would improve it more so.