frankencruiser w/ 94 GM 350 TBI

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
borflink
MegaSquirt Newbie

frankencruiser w/ 94 GM 350 TBI

Post by borflink »

ok, after chasing every problem imaginable, including bugs in the fuel pump :shock: , I consider the Frankencruiser a success.

Vehicle: 1969 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40.

Bone stock 1994 GM 350 TBI. TH-400 trans and original transfer case

MS2 V3.0 2.886 code controlling fuel and spark

Final MSQ. Hope it helps someone out. feel free to grab and use as needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drholl
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: frankencruiser w/ 94 GM 350 TBI

Post by drholl »

Wow, Thank you very much for the posting. I got the spark pretty well sorted out and now comes the fuel.

I just wanted people to know what the values would be for a decent carbureted car. I'll use your .msq to verify my settings and as a very useful reference point. Maybe youor msq won't have the rolling idle that I had before. Being from southwest AZ, do you get to Glamis much?

By the way, I put the ignition setup in with a new set of points and, without all the current of a coil running through them, they need to be cleaned very well or it will miss fairly regularly until the points get cleaned by use. That took about 8-10 miles using the current from a 1K resistor. But all is working well now.
Baseline tuning for a Chevrolet Chevy 350 http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=31 ... 81#p204781
Thanks again.
Holl
Holl

MS-II, V 3, 2.886, LC-1. 1971 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 350, 270 HP. 1959 German Corvette, bought in Berlin. With a 160 "KPH" speedo. KPH??? - What were they thinking? 160 KPH is only 100 MPH. We can peg that in third gear!!! 1959 Cadillac, 502, huge Chrome Bumpers and really BIG FINS!!!
borflink
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: frankencruiser w/ 94 GM 350 TBI

Post by borflink »

Thanks Holl,

oddly, I've never even been to Glamis... been to Yuma once other than driving through. I don't get out enough.