5.0 litre Holden in Seacraft Timber Boat

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
zac70
MegaSquirt Newbie

5.0 litre Holden in Seacraft Timber Boat

Post by zac70 »

I Have finally had success Converting to MS-II V3.0 EFI. LOTS of reading..... :) . Very good kit from DiyAutoTune.

Installed a VS commodore inlet manifold with 192cc/min injectors, standard 43.5 PSI fuel reg and dampener with a bosch 044 fuel pump. Used a distributor from a VN-VS with the hall effect pickup and direct coil control from the megasquirt. Machined a block up to accept one O2 sensor on the outlet of the odd firing bank. Only used one O2 sensor.

The biggest problem was getting it to idle without hunting. Tried the fuel filter/mig wire tip in the vacuum line but didn't work for me. so I have used blended Alpha-N/MAP at idle speed. GM stepper motor idle air control works great for cold starts!

For Wideband feedback I built the Techedge WBO2 2Y unit and used the innovatemotorsports G5 guage for a visual in the dash. I only used WBO2 for datalogging and visual indication. Didn't use the autotune closed loop function in Megasquirt.
Once on the water, I used Megalogviewer with the accel enrichments turned off in MSII. Works really well and gives you a chance to make an informed decision on any changes to the VE map before it is saved.

Now there is just smooth power, no long cranking to start and probably better fuel economy .......great for towing skiers! :yeah!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.