1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
Space387
MegaSquirt Newbie

1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L

Post by Space387 »

I bought this car in 2008. Its my first car and like most 19Yr old boys I started to look to see what was available to add to this car to make it faster. All I found was a lack of love for the OBD1.5 system and an inability to tune. About 2 months later ( OCT 2008) I found megasquirt and began to plan. The game plan was to start with MS2 V3 and build from there so I would learn to tune with a stock engine that's very forgiving. Fast forward to Feb 2010, My tiny box arrives from glens garage with MS1 V2.2 Had to go the cheaper version due to an unexpected group of costs and a lack of extra $$.

It took about 6 months, almost $200 in parts, wires and sensors and hundreds of hours on many forums including MSEFI but the L32 in that car pulls harder, is more responsive and runs smother than ever. The experience of doing the MS conversion has been a blast and I hope to see more as I can now upgrade that engine to be the beast I wanted when I bought the car. Thanks everyone for the help and for anyone looking to add MS to your F-body drop me a PM or catch me on one of the forums I would love to lend a hand.

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=32212 Fquick garage to see it
cam34aro
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L

Post by cam34aro »

How is your firebird holding up? I'm going to start the same exact process pretty soon. Did you create your own programming, borrow someone else's, or a little of both?
Space387
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L

Post by Space387 »

** Update**
Currently running MS3+3X running well. wired up but need to tweak to run the EGR and AC system
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.