"NEWBIE" 383 SBC twin turbo'd

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
383twinturbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

"NEWBIE" 383 SBC twin turbo'd

Post by 383twinturbo »

Hey everyone. I recently aquired a car with a 383 small block chevy. Twin turbo'd. It has a Megasquirt 2 controller and been fooling around with it for a touch. Was wondering if anyone has anything close to this setup. The car starts, runs, and idles. It seems to beVERY rich when revved. I can attach my current MSQ file if this would be any help. I am :RTFM: the book, but I really want to get a good drive on it before it needs put away. We have had great weather here in Lancaster, PA but I am afraid snow is a comin.
Sodaguard
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: "NEWBIE" 383 SBC twin turbo'd

Post by Sodaguard »

Good luck, it doesn't take that much to learn on a car where it is already installed. The hard part is getting it to start for the first time, but it looks like you are past that point. Make sure you have a wideband O2 or you might as well crush your car now. With a wideband you can safely play with your fuel and ignition tables. If it starts well I would leave all your cranking settings alone. Once you get it tuned nice you will LOVE it! I have not done anything like your setup yet, I am turboing my 95 Impala SS now. My MS experience has been mostly VW and Audi, so GM will be a little different for me. There are tons of guys on here that are super Megasquirt ninjas.
383twinturbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: "NEWBIE" 383 SBC twin turbo'd

Post by 383twinturbo »

Cool, thanks. I havent had much time to fool with it, but am looking forward to fooling with it in the spring!!! :yeah!: