subs1000w
MegaSquirt Newbie

Matt Hanneke 1995 F150 5.8 351W

Post by subs1000w »

Name: Matt Hanneke

Vehicle: 1995 FORD F150

Engine: 351W 5.8L V8 pretty much stock “for now”

Injection: MSII, MSD6A, stock 19lb injectors

Description: the truck is an extended cab long bed 2wd work truck “strip down” was originally 302/auto and is now 351/5spd drives very strong for stock and is lots of fun. The nitrous kit is in and awaiting a 255lph fuel pump and a good tune

TimeLine

Ordered MSII + stim + LC1 on tues the 22nd

Arrived fri the 25th

Started building sun 27th

Finished building mon 28th about 10-12hours for both the MSII and stim but fairly simple

Finished the conversion harness and started the truck for the first time on the FIRST TRY wed 30th tuned it alittle and drove it about 1 mile that night but had to put the factory computer back in to drive on the highway the next morning

Dec 1st installed LC1 widband O2 and after about 2 hours of fiddling its up to about 65% stock drivability awesome idle and WOT but part throttle needs alittle work but its in and running pretty darn good and now will stay installed IM VERY VERY HAPPY how painless this was and all the guys I work with are speachless
titan0702
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Matt Hanneke 1995 F150 5.8 351W

Post by titan0702 »

Matt,

I am completely new to this stuff. I haven't bought anything yet but I wanted to make sure that if I pour money into this I won't get stuck. I have called a dealership, different dynotuning places, and even compucam to see if I can get ahold of a base fuel map but it seems like nobody has one. Compucams actually forwarded me to an aftermarket ECU system that told me their fuel maps would be completely different for what I am wanting to do. So my question to you is how/where did you find a base fuel map to at least get your engine running. I have a 1987 F150 with a 302. I have a 351W from a 1993 F350 lined up with wiring harness, sensors, and computer included. The problem is that the system is speed density and would need to be retuned every time I make a modification to the engine and I found that it would be a lot cheaper to go this route than to spend 400 at a dyno every time I make a modification. Thanks for the help. It is easier to reach me at my email, christopher.bingman@usma.edu, thanks.

- Chris