Brandon Edmonds, 86 Mustang 5.0

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
flyguyeddy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Brandon Edmonds, 86 Mustang 5.0

Post by flyguyeddy »

Name: Brandon Edmonds
Vehicle: 1986 Ford Mustang
Engine: 302 V8 from an 85 truck, running a crown vic lower/upper intake manifold, factory 5.0 headers, off road H pipe, and 97 cobra factory exhaust. K&N filter attatched to factory throttle body tube. Looks janky, but it works.
Injection: Factory 5.0 fuel injection manifold, rails, and injectors.
Description: This engine is running with the factory TFi ignition. Ignition seems to operate flawlessly!
This it my fathers car. We made it so that he could switch back to the factory fuel injection at a moments notice. We stole a EECIV plug from the original v6 engine’s fuel computer, and soldered wires to the ends of the pins to get it to work. Probably the crappiest way to do it, but it is currently working. I plan to make a better looking adapter in the future. The MS is mounted right behind the graphic display module on the trans tunnel, and wires run from the adapter to it, under the glovebox. Looks pretty good, but we need to find somewhere else to mount it, due to it being pretty close to the heater ducts.

It is currently not tuned to run properly. Had to download newer version of megatune, and have not had time to tune it. future mods include a wideband O2 sensor, so it can be leaned out at cruise speeds. Hoping to get decent gas mileage with this setup.

id like to thank lance and all the mods, for this wonderful forum! i would not be running right now had it not been for the contributions of a few people here! (it would eventually be running, but it would take forever.)
flyguyeddy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by flyguyeddy »

got the thing tuned, nd it runs alot better. cold start still sucks, but i think that is related to the idle valve being gummed up or something.

if anyone has any experience at getting the PWm idle vale to hold a steady idle, please pm me.