Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
zackbass
MegaSquirt Newbie

Zack Jackowski, 1934 Ford Coupe, Supercharged 303ci Flathead

Post by zackbass »

Name: Zachary Jackowksi

Vehicle: 1934 Ford Coupe

Engine: 303ci Flathead V8, 4-71 supercharger, roller cam

Injection: Throttle body injection with custom manifold to mount four stripped Stromberg 97 carbs on top of the blower. High impedance 29lb/hr injectors.

Description: Ignition system is a MSD 6AL, MSD pro-billet distributor, and Mallory ProMaster coil. Installation went extremely well. I was very careful to test everything as I went along with my voltmeter and scope and ran into some trouble with the MSD 6AL and noise in the VR wire. It was taken care of pretty well by rerouting the wires and a lot of fiddling with the hysterisis trimmer. The car started on the first try on about the second revolution of the crankshaft. Low end tuning has gone great so far but I can’t get into the high end until I get to the track or dyno.

Website: http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zackbass/EFI/
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car.
JerryN36
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by JerryN36 »

We just moved the motor that was in the car to our dragster and put a much more mild flathead in the car. I flashed the newest firmware (tons of new features and bugfixes) and redid the maps in just a few hours and that is also running great. Personally I couldn't be happier with the system.
Hope you're going to update the photo bucket with the Dragster pic's..?

Is the new '34 Flat Motor injected, EDIS, or what? (Nosey aren't I?) I was hoping that it was so I could glean a tune or two from you sometime in the future.. :D :oops:

Thanx for the reply and good luck with both vehicles..!
YMMV,
JerryN36
zackbass
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by zackbass »

The motor swap wasn't anything special at this point. We kept the EFI system almost exactly the same on the 1934 Ford and have the dragster carbeuretted with Holley 750. It's all still set up just like in the first post. We may decide to play with EFI on the dragster in the future but don't have a whole lot of reason to just because the fueling of a full race engine like that is a whole lot less complex than a street engine.

Here's a pic of the new dragster anyway: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/z ... age001.jpg

You're certainly welcome to any of our Megasquirt maps or settings, just ask and I'll dig them up.
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car.
ViolentBlue
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ViolentBlue »

love it, old meets new tech.

beeen trying to talk my buddy to run megasquirt on his flathead Model A pickup.

weve been talking about bolting (not quite a direct fit) on a supercharger from a tbird super coupe.