Shawn, 1994 Ford Probe GT, 2.5L V6 w/turbocharger

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
SRoss
MegaSquirt Newbie

Shawn, 1994 Ford Probe GT, 2.5L V6 w/turbocharger

Post by SRoss »

Name: Shawn

Vehicle: 1994 Ford Probe GT

Engine & Related: 2.5L (152cu"), V6, KLZE intake manifold, port matched cylinder heads, 370cc Nissan fuel injectors in modified fuel rail, MX3 flywheel, 2.5" catback exhaust, HEI ignition with external Accell coil.

Turbocharger: Turbonetics T04 Super-S compressor with T3 stage III .48 turbine side, 2.5" downpipe.

Injection: Megasquirt II V3, code version 2.687 as of this posting.

Misc: I have had a few Probe's along with various other cars and I can't seem to get rid of them - they are too fun! Their Mazda KL03 engines are extremely under-rated in the USA, making power is simple and the factory forged crankshaft combined with the iron/aluminum composite block can take a beating. Plus; the body style was (unfortunately for Ford) ahead of its time in 1993 when they came out and now they can be purhased for next to nothing and still look up-to-date. By leaving the suspension stock and adding only aftermarket struts, high friction brake pads, Megasquirt and a turbo making 250whp at only 6-6.5psi I have one heck of a reliable track car for several thousand dollars less than my Mustang.

I have included my *.msq file for those who wish to use it for reference, be careful what you do with it! Since everyones tune needs to specific to their application I am not saying by any means that it is safe to run on your car, it is however safe on mine.

My 1993 turbo probe MS success story:
viewtopic.php?t=7679
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1994 Ford Probe GT 2.5L, T04B, 370cc, MS2.
1981 Ford Fairmont, 351c, MS1.