Post by jacobrussell »

I used the megascott megaefi.com eeciv converter
Ms1pcb3 + mapdaddy map upgrade

everthing stock except for 40bob maifolds egr block off and a awic

also installed a t4 cold side for my turbo
UNTAMND
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UNTAMND »

How has your ms experiance been going so far. I am in the tuning stages of my friends 97 ranger with a TC 2.3 and t5 swap. I am looking for some insparational words, because im not doing too well tuning anything so far.
94 GT 5spd Custom Built TWIN Turbo System and MS
67 Mustang Fastback 390 c6 dual quad
You know the "RED" area of the tach???....Thats called..."The FUN ZONE"
jacobrussell
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jacobrussell »

UNTAMND wrote:How has your ms experiance been going so far. I am in the tuning stages of my friends 97 ranger with a TC 2.3 and t5 swap. I am looking for some insparational words, because im not doing too well tuning anything so far.
great for me but i build and install them...

Email me @ torquetuning@gmail.com with some of your settings and parts including injector size and what ignition your running and ill see if i can help :)

also are you running a eec-iv converter??
UNTAMND
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UNTAMND »

Right now I have 3 ms projects going, 97 ranger turbo, late 90s honda vtec turbo, and my 94 mustang n/a for now. The 97 ranger is hardwired using a harness I made, Nd it fired right up and "idles" great; its rich but it stays running around 800rpm. I gotta figure out the idle control better because it says i have it at 20% throttle and i can not get the tps to calibrate that high im assuming, becasue i click calibrate tps and it only adjusts the high side and not the low. The honda is a PAIN, it "runs" but it is extremely rich and wont idle at all and fouls plugs like its a job. It also has a complete harness from DIY. had a bugger to get it running, and it wont idle, and oyu have to feather the gas constantly. Verybig pain. My 94 mustang has a built 5liter, made 400hp on the engine dyno with a race 600cfm carb and rpm intake. It has the eec4 adaptor and all the toys, and for some reason it idles great and revs great, but it makes the number 8 cylinder glow red. Ive checked everything and put in new injectors and checked harness, and its all fine. It was the first run of the eec4 adaptors so i bought a new one and will see if thats the issue. Justa in case the pcb had an issue. Ill email you, Thanks
94 GT 5spd Custom Built TWIN Turbo System and MS
67 Mustang Fastback 390 c6 dual quad
You know the "RED" area of the tach???....Thats called..."The FUN ZONE"