2 litre Zetec plus bike throttle bodies in Westfield kit car

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
krismc
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re:

Post by krismc »

SRoss wrote:Congratulations! I like your engine combination quite a bit, do you have any pictures of the throttle body setup? I will be PM'ing you with further questions. I am doing a similar setup on an SVT Zetec engine.

dont know about FFB, but mine is similar set up- got all the build pics of throttle boddies if you need them

combatsapph
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2 litre Zetec plus bike throttle bodies in Westfield kit car

Post by combatsapph »

krismc - do you have a wideband controller?

If so, set you idle to 14:1 afr - that got me through my emissions no probs.

Really struggled with either:- Getting it to idle so it would pass an emissions test AND getting it to start and warmup properly. I couldn't get it to do both so for the SVA test I loaded in a "warmup" map, let it warm up then loaded in an "emissions" map :-) passed with 1.11% CO and 74ppm HC.

How old is you engine? Does it need a cat?
fatbaldbloke
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by fatbaldbloke »

After running the car for around 5000 miles and being pretty happy with the performance, the opportunity came to get it on a rolling road and have it finely mapped. I couldn't resist a full power and torque plot, and here it is...174 bhp and 152 lbs-ft respectively. Bear in mind I have made no changes whatsoever to the head and cams, which in the standard Ford Mondeo produce 130 bhp. I have found a staggering 44 bhp just by changing the induction and exhaust.

hamiltonguitars
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by hamiltonguitars »

FBB:
Wow, those are good numbers for a stock engine. Is that using the stock Suzuki 600 injectors? Do you have your current set-up and map that you can share so that poor dumb guys like me don't have to re-invent the wheel?

Thanks
Rod H.
hamiltonguitars
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by hamiltonguitars »

As I finish my intial setup, I'm looking at my MAP sensor. When I was running the Megajolt lite system, to get around the MAP readings (that FBB describes in detail) a vacuum line from each manifold line was attahced with a small reservoir to smooth out the initial off throttle change. This worked well with the MAP sensor on the Megajolt system.
Here's how it is layed out.
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V3_ve ... acuum_port

Any thoughts on if this might work for megasquirt also?

Rod H.
Suzuki ITBs 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.