'96 Probe GT, MS2extra2.0beta12, wasted spark

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
Scummer
MegaSquirt Newbie

'96 Probe GT, MS2extra2.0beta12, wasted spark

Post by Scummer »

My car is a 1996 Ford Probe GT with somewhat close to 120k miles on it and I had it running on MSnSextra for about 2 years now without a hitch.
Options I use are:
6-1 wheel decoder
Mitsubishi 3000GT coilpacks driven by VB921 in wasted spark mode
580cc Nissan injectors
stock PWM idle valve
Both VRIS solenoids controlled by MS
Tach driven by MS
Fan activated by MS

On Oct 6 2007 I decided it was time to upgrade to MS2extra2.0 and see what all the fuzz is about :)
I had to change a few solder points for the moved outputs on the processor pins of my MS V3.0 circuit board, but that took less than 30 minutes after I had everything mapped out.
Now one problem comes with the current state of the MS2 daughterboard, there are not enough outputs to drive everything I want to. So I had to drop the tach-out option for now, since I need the VRIS outputs to make power in the midrange band as this was dyno proven that non functioning VRIS hurts midrange powerband.

Other than that, the car runs fine with the MS2extra2.0beta12 firmware as wasted spark and outputs work fine so far.
I still need to retune my VE tables a little bit and adjust EAE, but that will happen in the coming weeks.

I'm waiting now for the router board to come out, so I can get some more outputs to drive the tach and maybe some other good stuff.

Thomas
'96 Probe GT - MSNSe 029q2hires, MS V3.0, VB921's, coilpacks, 6-1 wheel, 580ccm injectors
'69 Mercury Cougar Convertible 351W - MS V2.2 carb to FI in progress
CHRIS211083
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: '96 Probe GT, MS2extra2.0beta12, wasted spark

Post by CHRIS211083 »

HI, I have just baught a 1997 probe. i was wanting to go klze with it but i have the temic ecu imobiliser. was wondering if you would be kind enough to give me a full breakdown on what your setup is i.e. what coils and wires you are useing and what ever else you can tell me would be much appreciated. was also wondering why you went for the 3000gt coils and not the edis6 unit. ive looked at both but i dont knoe the in's and out's of every thing. hope to hear from you soon. cheers chris.