Messina's 93 Mustang LX H/C/I

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
mustangmike

Messina's 93 Mustang LX H/C/I

Post by mustangmike »

It was quite a journey but it starts on the third revolution and idles rock solid at 1100 dropping to 900 when warm. Power is awesome, and driveability is as good or better then the factory ECU. The flexibility of MS is amazing and it supports tons of features and options.
MSQ attached v 2.88 firmware.

The learning curve is very steep for someone new to tuning EFI but well worth the payoff.

The current combo is stock bottom end, iron GT40 heads ported, polished & O-ringed, edelbrock performer intake, 1.6 roller rockers, 75mm TB,EGR, & wolverine cam.

I'm installing a turbo kit that I pieced together from all new parts over the span of a year. Specs are turbonetics 62-1, monster FMIC 24x12x4", etc.

We'll see whats the first weak link in the drive line...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 92notch »

hi i see your got your car running good. how are your cold starts does it want to stall? i have a very similar setup but when the car is cold i have a problem with it keep idle until it gets warmed up. i am using MS1 v3 and was wondering if i cant open your file can you send me screen shots of your setup so i can maybe get some ideas from it? let me know that would be a great help.
thanks
paul
mustangmike

Post by mustangmike »

Paul,
The trick to start and idle in my experience is the cranking pulse widths and idle solenoid (try 2.5hot and 22cold w 19# injectors) for starting, and then tune your VE table. A good target AFR at idle is 13.5 if you have a cam.
If you have a nice default VE table it is better to adjust your req fuel # to get your target AFR then to adjust the ve table itself.
These are really good settings for the 2 wire factory Idle control Valve on mustangs:
PWM warmup
320hz
retract 0
cranking pos 65 for me (this is the % CLOSED the valve is when cranking, and controls how hi the engine revs when started b4 idling down)
crank to run 6
hyst 5.0

Heres my latest MSQ.
Download the DIY software package. http://www.diyautotune.com/softwarelinks.htm

That megatune will ask you what firm rev you want to load. Choose 2.881 to be able to open my msq and view all the settings.

If you need any help jus let me know.
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UNTAMND
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UNTAMND »

Thankyou for the good info on the idle, ill try to remember this when im getting my 3 fords up and running.
94 GT 5spd Custom Built TWIN Turbo System and MS
67 Mustang Fastback 390 c6 dual quad
You know the "RED" area of the tach???....Thats called..."The FUN ZONE"
mustangmike

Post by mustangmike »

Paul,
I have since found out that the retracted should be set to 100. ie 100% closed. If not it will rev up when started cold.
Mike
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 92notch »

ok i will write that down thanks man i will let you know how i make out when i give it a shot and the turbo is installed
thanks