Mustang Idle Control

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
ford347
MegaSquirt Newbie

Mustang Idle Control

Post by ford347 »

I am having a little trouble controlling the OEM IAC valve on the 5.0 mustang and getting the car to idle well. I have MS 2 with the 2.88 firmware. Any help would be much appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ford347
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Mustang Idle Control

Post by ford347 »

i forgot to mention that I am using an EEC-IV adapter. I believe the hardware is installed correctly, but is there a common thing people forget to install?
Matt Cramer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Matt Cramer »

Let's see..

I'd set the time based after start to inactive by setting the cold temperature to -40. Probably isn't the root cause of the issue but it wouldn't hurt either. Your idle PWM duty cycle looks OK, but you may want to make it go to zero faster. Do you have a data log of it idling?
Matt the Mad Scientist
'66 Dodge Dart - slant six Megasquirt project
My blog about my cars
ford347
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ford347 »

Here are two datalogs of it idling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ford347
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ford347 »

Most recent files taken today

First datalog i have the duty cycle going from 100 to 0

Second datalog the duty cycle goes from 0 to 100. It seemed to like this setting alot more. Which i have tried both in the past with no avail.

Third is still with it from 0 to 100, but changed the starting postion to 100 and the cranking position to 0.

Still has a small rolling idle. Would getting the VE table tuned in help solve this? I really want to start driving it soon.
ford347
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ford347 »

The msq for the above datalogs
Matt Cramer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Matt Cramer »

If your VE table isn't tuned right, it isn't going to idle correctly no matter where you set the IAC settings.
Matt the Mad Scientist
'66 Dodge Dart - slant six Megasquirt project
My blog about my cars