1965 Mustang 289 Small Block Ford MSII v3(Not Finished)

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
rusty105
MegaSquirt Newbie

1965 Mustang 289 Small Block Ford MSII v3(Not Finished)

Post by rusty105 »

(NOt Finished)Just reserving a spot.

Currect goal is to Datalog the tuning of a carburated Ford 289ci engine. (then possibably/probably go EFI with it)
Datalogging: RPM, Intake Air Temp, Coolant Temp, EGO (wideband hopefully),TPS, maybe some others....
Once engine is running I will use the MS to control the spark with a standard points type ignition.
Once that is ironed out I will probably go to some sort of sensor in the Dizzy to get rid of the points, and trigger the ignition, probable a Duraspark type Dizzy, and a MSD box. Not sure yet.
At this point I may leave the Carb on there, all depends on how it runs. This is going to be a Weekend cruse/ Open Track car, so 100% daily driver readyness is not needed.

I will post back as progress moves forward

Kit was ordered 1/6/09

Rusty
Last edited by rusty105 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Racefab Race Car Design and Fabrication Forums
drholl
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1965 Mustang 289 Small Block Ford (Not Finished)

Post by drholl »

You are going to find SPARK is very easy to setup and use.
Here's my baseline numbers for a 350 Chevy.
Hope it helps you out.
Holl
Holl

MS-II, V 3, 2.886, LC-1. 1971 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 350, 270 HP. 1959 German Corvette, bought in Berlin. With a 160 "KPH" speedo. KPH??? - What were they thinking? 160 KPH is only 100 MPH. We can peg that in third gear!!! 1959 Cadillac, 502, huge Chrome Bumpers and really BIG FINS!!!
rusty105
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1965 Mustang 289 Small Block Ford (Not Finished)

Post by rusty105 »

drholl wrote:You are going to find SPARK is very easy to setup and use.
Here's my baseline numbers for a 350 Chevy.
Hope it helps you out.
Holl
drholl,
Not sure if you attached anything to the post?

Anyway...
1/19/08 Alll input sections have been installed and tested on the stim. I am about 4-5 hours into it so far. I only get an hour or so at a time with my work schedule. At this point if all I am doing is data loging I guess I could stop, but I will finish it up. Who knows... someone may give away some Ford OEM EFI stuff I can adapt ;) Maybe by next weekend I will have the outputs finished.

Rusty
Racefab Race Car Design and Fabrication Forums