mustang 2.3L early dis

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
tkddemo4
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: mustang 2.3L early dis

Post by tkddemo4 »

correct, the diode goes between the 2 wires on the fidle valve. in that direction
megasquirt controls the negative end of the idle valve. so it needs its own 12v input to it.

also check the relay board, make sure you have the relay jumped, or its just trying to flip the relay wich wont realie work, lol

theres a write up on it here
http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... ng_5_0.htm
goto the" PWM IAC Wiring" section,

as far as settings goes, i went through and looked an i had mine set to 320 hz,
you might have a inversed idle valve, im not sure exactly wich is wich but one will be full on at 0% and one will be full off at 0%

try both
thecrew2999
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by thecrew2999 »

thanks, im using the factory CCRM or relay box it has everything i need in there pre wired.

i have the same IAC as you so ill just use your setting thanks a lot
thecrew2999
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by thecrew2999 »

did you ever have any problems burning out the TIP120 (or whatever one you used) transistor?

ive burnt my second one out now and im not sure why ....
tkddemo4
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by tkddemo4 »

no, i never burned one out.
i'd check the mica sheet thats under it, and make sure its not grounding itself out.
thecrew2999
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by thecrew2999 »

i changed to another TIP120 transistor and its working now.. i think the radio shack ones ive been getting gave me the problem for some reason...

thanks anyways
mdbreaux
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by mdbreaux »

I need help with the Ford DIS becuase I want to have a cam sensor on my 1986 Mustang SVO for sequential ignition and injection in the future. Anyone use the DIS setup from a 1995 Ranger pickup and adapt it to work with the MS2 on a SVO or any similar setup? My specific quesitons are (1) how do you set the cam sensor to TDC #1 piston and what signal is it sending out, how does MS2 use the signal, and what is wiring diagram for the the 4 pin connector to the sensor, can you get a tach signal, and I am sure several other questions. Thanks a million, Michael.