Ford Fiesta RS1800 with Mondeo 2litre block ITBs

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
mtsang
MegaSquirt Newbie

Ford Fiesta RS1800 with Mondeo 2litre block ITBs

Post by mtsang »

This project is an on going thing since 2006 when i first put Megasquirt on an old CVH Fiesta XR2i. I made an adapter loom for the original factory loom to make it plug and play. After the XR2i it was put on an RS1800 with a Mondeo 2 litre block then modded to Jenvey 45mm throttle bodies and on std cams and Ashley exhaust made 170bhp at flywheel. This is using wasted spark, alpha/n and factory crank sensor. The car's been lowered on Gaz suspension and longer lower arms for more camber and now sports a Quaife Differential. Megasquirt has been tweaked at everystep for max power and drivability so we can drive to trackdays and have great fun and drive home! Shortly going to upgrade to VR2.0.1 so i can fine tune the lower end of the map with the 16x16 fueling. Later this year we're gonna rip it all out and stuff it all in a Fiesta Si and go racing in the 750 motor club 'tin top' races. Then the engine will sport some Dunnell cams with vernier pulleys, skimmed head etc so we're hoping for about 200ish+