1995 Ford Probe GT - Turbo w/DIYPNP v1.1 Microsquirt Module

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
danman2001
MegaSquirt Newbie

1995 Ford Probe GT - Turbo w/DIYPNP v1.1 Microsquirt Module

Post by danman2001 »

Name: Daniel Kamilchu

Vehicle: 1995 Ford Probe GT, US-Spec, Black

Engine: Mazda KLDE V6 2.5liter 24valve, Garret turbocharger with .63AR/.60AR, original with approx. 200,000 miles

Injection: Mazda Millenia "S" 285cc injectors, non-sequential (yet). Running Simultaneous/ Double fire mode. Seems to be much smoother than alternating.

Ignition: Ford coilpack (wasted spark), 3x BIP373's as drivers, 36-1 crank pulley from a 1998-2002 Mazda 626 V6 KLG4 motor

Description: I've been running with the DIYPNP v1.1 since 2010 with everything stock on my car. Then decided to get a turbo kit (FMIC, etc.) and upgrade the fuel system with Walbro 255 fuel pump & 285cc injectors, and eventually, get the wasted spark ignition. Pulled the coilpack off a local junkyard Ford Mustang V6.

Turbo psi at: 7.5psi or approximately 150 kPa.

Current plans for 2012: upgrade clutch to 6-puck ACT or similar, install my 550cc injectors from a Mazda RX-7 and kick up the boost to 12-14psi, get professionally tuned at a dyno shop. Eventually, perhaps next year, rebuild the motor with forged internals and beef up the transmission to run 20-ish PSI on the turbo :) It's been a slow but sure progress since December 2009 when I got back from my deployment from Iraq. 3rd Ford Probe I've owned overall. Loving it. Got any questions, email or PM me. I'm not that great at tuning as a DIY-er yet, but getting there and learning alot in the process.

I love MegaSquirt idea of full engine control! Keep up the great products, MegaSquirt and B&G and everyone involved!
-Daniel
here's a few attachments and links for your viewing pleasure :) and
2012-12MARCH(PID settings).msq
MSQ file
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_1PYyJqWA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk5TsHVvd-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UoAqNqSjYg&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ53MJRNW9I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan Kamilchu

1995 Ford Probe GT-Turbo. DIYPNP v1.1 Microsquirt Module w/ wasted spark ignition 36-1 crank pulley, Garrett Turbo T3 hotside (.63AR)/ coldside (.60AR), engine with ~200,000 miles original
danman2001
MegaSquirt Newbie

update as of March 2012

Post by danman2001 »

Just installed the newer firmware for my DIYPNP v1.1 - Version 3.2.1 TunerStuido MS Beta 1.30 didn't seem to like it very much(wouldn't let me create new project or edit projects). Went back to TunerStudio MS v1.14 and seemed to work fine. Redone a few datalogs and tunes.

Still seems to be running a bit on the lean side while cruising. I don't I don't have a perfect tune yet, but working on it. I also get a few boost spikes in the higher RPMS, I noticed. Running at 7.25psi spring in the TiAL wastegate, but I saw boost spikes at about 9.2psi at a few points.

Here are my msq and datalog (zipped up datalog)
2012-03-26PGT-T.msq
26_March_2012(datalog).zip
Thanks to anyone who'd be interested to look.

~Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan Kamilchu

1995 Ford Probe GT-Turbo. DIYPNP v1.1 Microsquirt Module w/ wasted spark ignition 36-1 crank pulley, Garrett Turbo T3 hotside (.63AR)/ coldside (.60AR), engine with ~200,000 miles original
typeon3g
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1995 Ford Probe GT - Turbo w/DIYPNP v1.1 Microsquirt Mod

Post by typeon3g »

Hey Dan,

I'm actually doing this install at the moment and I too have a 95 with the wire pinout that doesn't match what DIYautotune has. I was wondering if you could help me out with your pin setup, I don't think I have the VR pins wired correctly.

Any help would be awesome. I've got it all ready to start the first time and can't seem to get tach signal. I'm not sure I have the crank and cam sensors wired correctly.

Eventually I'm going coilpack I have all the stuff just trying to get it running on the disty before I start tearing into the harness. lol

Thanks in advance!!