1987 Ramcharger w/ 360 magnum crate motor

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
mike_wiz
MegaSquirt Newbie

1987 Ramcharger w/ 360 magnum crate motor

Post by mike_wiz »

Name: Mike Wisniewski (mike_wiz)
Vehicle: 1987 Dodge Ramcharger 4WD
Engine: 360 Mopar Performance Magnum crate motor 300hp. True duals. Bunch more.
Injection: Holley 670 cfm TB Retrofited for GM Maxi 75lb injectors. Holley adapter plate to make it fit on 4bbl manilfold. Swapped in a tank from a 90 Ramcharger with the pump in it (much quieter) Standard sensors and such.
Description: Mostly a trail rig only vehicle. It is road legal (barely) to drive to Moab and local trails. First test in the mountains is tomorrow, will report performance.

I love this system! I bought a used one on ebay and had to fight it a bit. The original owner must have had the voltage reversed for a while. I replaced the entire power supply section and it works great!

I do have a second MS I built for a backup. With the abuse I give this truck I want to carry a spare just in case a joint comes loose.

I have had such a tough time trying to get this engine to run good on an Edelbrock carb, not to mention at 60+ degrees angles. I usually break driveshafts just trying to keep the engine running at those angles. Should not have that problem anymore.

I am so happy with the way it just sits there and idles quietly. Much better!

Mike
87 Dodge RamCharger. 37" swampers locked. Squirted Crawler!
mike_wiz
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by mike_wiz »

I love it! No more dying engine for me!

It ran great! Amazing running at steep inclines just listening to that engine purr away! Best modification I have ever done to this truck!

I cannot believe I fought a carb for so long!
87 Dodge RamCharger. 37" swampers locked. Squirted Crawler!