1985.5 Dodge Conquest is running like a champ.

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
ilostmymindcom
MegaSquirt Newbie

1985.5 Dodge Conquest is running like a champ.

Post by ilostmymindcom »

Vehicle: 1985.5 Dodge Conquest
Engine: 2.6Liter Turbocharged Inline 4cyl
Injection: Converted from TBI to MPI using DSM 450cc Injectors in the stock manifold.
Description: I am using MSNS-e 029t on a v3.0 board with MS1 CPU. I also have the relay board. I am using a GM HEI7 ignition module on the stock distributor, just locked down. With the HEI7 you need to use 5v pullup resistors on pins R and E. Also if you lock the distributor down and align the ridge on the distributor with the ridge on the head, your base timing should be around 68+22.5.
Website: http://www.ilostmymind.com/upload/camera/MPI_Quest/

Last edited by ilostmymindcom on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSNS-e running on a Mitsubishi G54B tucked inside of an 85.5 Dodge Conquest.
ilostmymindcom
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ilostmymindcom »

OK.. heres whats working great!
The system:
MSNS-e 029t, v3 board, hei7.
The parts:
60mm dsm tb, big 16g, 14psi, dsm 450cc injectors @ 36psi base, walbro 255, Innovate LC-1, fidanza flywheel, act 2600 w/6 puck, and Stock Jet Valve head. I'm sure the head will make a difference.

Constants page:

Codebase and Outputs:

Dwell Settings:

Ego:
I have an Innovate LC-1 hooked up (dont forget the resistor)

Spark Settings:

Warmup Wizard Settings:

Cranking Settings:

Acceleration Wizard:

After Start Enrichments:

NOW, the good stuff:
VE (fuel) table:

Advance (timing) table:

Any constructive criticizm is welcome!
Feel free to use the maps if you want too, but there is NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied! But I wouldnt offer something that I didnt try first.
I've driven on these settings in and around town, and on the highway @75mph,65mph, and 50mph cruising. On my way to work I cruise about 35mph and get no bucks or blips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lester
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1985.5 Dodge Conquest is running like a champ.

Post by lester »

Hi I saw you had success with MS. I am planning for MPI conversion soon with MS. I am reading up all I can on the msefi as well as all Starion MPI related information. Will you reckon the stock harness or at least some parts of it will work with the MS V3.57 SMD board? I am using a 89 Starion engine with a small 16G on a Pajero. Will I be able to get it to work with stock distributor? I have got the following with me now:

Magna intake done by Chad with 1/2" spacer at intake flange
4 x 75LB Delphi injectors
Magna fuel rail
Mustang thottle body with 1/2" spacer and TPS
MS V3.57 SMD board
Simulator board
DB37 connector with long harness, computer cable
Fuel regulator
Very messed up wiring harness with fuses, connectors and relays.

I guess with the above set up I cannot control the ignition part, or can I? I am trying to understand everything fully before I start working on it. Cos it's a daily driver and can't afford too much down time. Thanks.