86 Daytona, 2.2L CB, turbo IC, 555 trans

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
turbododge
MegaSquirt Newbie

86 Daytona, 2.2L CB, turbo IC, 555 trans

Post by turbododge »

The ease of this venture is attributed to my son. I built the car and the custom wire harness, but he does all the computer work.

Using my sons MS, because his cars down for repair due to a little bit to much nitros, the car fire right up (after a few minutes cranking it with out the rotor - my bad) and ran good. for now we are using the stock distributor, HEP and coil. soon we will be going to wasted spark.

We (my son) will by tuning it over the next few weeks. My plans are to run 20+ psi boost and incorporate a rev limiter to help launch the car.
nismoryco
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by nismoryco »

For the moment, we are running a TBI distributor with no window and only one hall pickup. The alternator is being controlled with a voltage regulator off an earlier year car. Fan control is handled with a spare output. The Megasquirt is a MS-II with a V3 PCB. We are running resistors on the low-Z injectors since I didn't want to mess with the PWM. The resistor pack is off a '83 Nissan Pulsar Turbo. I have modified version 2.870 code to provide boost control, nitrous control and launch rev limiting.
turbododge
MegaSquirt Newbie

drivability

Post by turbododge »

After a little tuning the drivability is perfect. My son used some new software and code that made it drive better then factory stock. I can't wait to start tuning for boost and get the thing to the track.
:D