69 440 Road Runner

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
arlo#1
MegaSquirt Newbie

69 440 Road Runner

Post by arlo#1 »

My set up is a 69 Road Runner with a 440 bored to 452 ci lots of goodies .59 inches lift at the valves roller rockers 302deg duration cam and hyperutetectic pistons full ported heads windage tray hv oil pump full grouve mains and lots more. The control is vr sensor from the distributor to Megasquirt 2 v3 bord to 16 injectors (8 staged) and msd firing a coil feading sparks to the distributor. Air is fed in through 4 progesively staged throtle bodies (2 52 mm) (2 55mm) to a intake hand built by me! here Is a video I will post more links and info later after some rest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=974YsInWxhQ Man I love this stuff!
04 srt4 lc-1 wideband, cai, bov, big fmic, polished rims. 1969 road runner modded everthing soon to be adding megasquirt!
arlo#1
MegaSquirt Newbie

up date

Post by arlo#1 »

So I did get it starting good and running good but I knew the starting could be a touch better so I made a 36-1 wheel and welded it to my crank pully and made a mount for a vr sensor I had left over. I changed the settings and man It starts awsome in a data log I got it starting in 1/2 a sec from the start of the cranking to full start rpm. Here Is the link to the build sight as well a couple pictures. http://supersoda.com/detail.php?id=00000000121
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
04 srt4 lc-1 wideband, cai, bov, big fmic, polished rims. 1969 road runner modded everthing soon to be adding megasquirt!
arlo#1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by arlo#1 »

One more lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bronco9588
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 69 440 Road Runner

Post by bronco9588 »

Im working on a 440 myself... How much did this cost you?
arlo#1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by arlo#1 »

bronco9588 wrote:Im working on a 440 myself... How much did this cost you?
Depends on what you want to total. I installed a set of roller rockers and repainted under the hood and a bunch of other stuff at the same time. If I was just going to do the efi I would say it could be done the way I did for ~$1000
SPARTANENGINEER1701
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by SPARTANENGINEER1701 »

YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY

NOT ONLY IS MY 498 HAVE A TURBINE 2000CFM IT NOW WILL HAVE EFI
AND A GREAT SYSTEM

IM DOING ALOT OF MODS ,TRUCK SHOULD BE A SOLID 10.5 OR SLOWER

BUT I NEED TO WATCH MY TURBINE SPEED ,TEMP ,AUX FUEL PUMP

PLUS A REV LIMITER.

NOW I SEE A SOLID FUTURE ,WHEN IWAS READY TO GIVE UP

I DONT HAVE 2500 -3500 FOR HOLLEY OR ELDRABROCK INJECTION SYSTEMS.

SPOCK WOULD BE PROUD.

IM A TIG WELDER KROMMOLY TUBINNG AND DESIGNING AND BUILDING WHAT EVER I NEED,SO IF ANYONE HAS A Q ILL HELP U OUT.
arlo#1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by arlo#1 »

SPARTANENGINEER1701 wrote:YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY

NOT ONLY IS MY 498 HAVE A TURBINE 2000CFM IT NOW WILL HAVE EFI
AND A GREAT SYSTEM

IM DOING ALOT OF MODS ,TRUCK SHOULD BE A SOLID 10.5 OR SLOWER

BUT I NEED TO WATCH MY TURBINE SPEED ,TEMP ,AUX FUEL PUMP

PLUS A REV LIMITER.

NOW I SEE A SOLID FUTURE ,WHEN IWAS READY TO GIVE UP

I DONT HAVE 2500 -3500 FOR HOLLEY OR ELDRABROCK INJECTION SYSTEMS.

SPOCK WOULD BE PROUD.

IM A TIG WELDER KROMMOLY TUBINNG AND DESIGNING AND BUILDING WHAT EVER I NEED,SO IF ANYONE HAS A Q ILL HELP U OUT.
Cool but dont do it for the price though, do it because you want to learn MS has alot of settings and options that other ecu's dont have which yes makes you have better tunability and better control but it also give you better control! LOL So much control some people can't ever get all the adjustments set right or get all the hardware built and installed right it is not for everyone. I have a brother who hase been trying to set his timing for a month and can't get it now we need to figure out why it moves from where we set it I think it is cause of shared sensors or bad tuning cables but could be alot of things and I live 1000 mi away from him so I only get to help him a couple times a year!
And #2 I used all the autowrecker stuff I could other then MS and a new fuel pump and lines! 20 (4 spare) 4 dolar injectors from dodge neons are a great deal when compared to new for an example!
desotohemibill
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by desotohemibill »

I am building a Desoto 341 hemi for my 67 Valiant. It has Hilborn injection converted to TPI injectors and a Joe Hunt Magnetoe converted to Pertronix ignition system. I'm trying to figure out how to rig my ignition. I'd like to make a trigger wheel like yours. I have a mill with a rotating table so it should be no problem. What did you do for a pick up? How will my Pertronix ignition work with thie Megasquirt? I'm sure you get lots of questions but I hope you can help me with info. Do you have a throttle position sensor somewhere under the throttle bodies? I've watched the video of you starting your car at least 50 times and then of your burnouts. Reminds me of the 69 2-door post I had many years ago. Bill
arlo#1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by arlo#1 »

Sorry guys I've been building three phase inverters for a hobby lately and haven't done anything with this. But the car is turn key im relay happy with the efi.
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Post by Philip Lochner »

I have just bought a car with a Chrysler 440 (Jensen Interceptor). I would like to have more info on your trigger wheel? Where did you get it, as I can not find a single source on the internet for a ready made solution.
Kind regards
Philip
My MS projects: viewtopic.php?t=20086