5.7 Hemi Crate Engine

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
SMALOR
MegaSquirt Newbie

5.7 Hemi Crate Engine

Post by SMALOR »

5.7 Hemi Crate Engine up and running MS1 V3 with 8 VB921's firing stock coils and 16 spark plugs. Utilizing stock crank trigger wheel and stock hall sensor with boost junkie's NGC code variant. Fuel and air enter through a set of 8 individual Hilborn Throttle bodies (the first set on a running engine as far as I know).

It's looking good after initial runs on engine stand. Lots of tuning to do but very positive.......log looks good.

I wish it weren't winter here.

Big thanks to Shawn (boost junkie).

Here's a few pics on the stand..........nothing on the motor is finished yet but it'll be looking good soon..........going to Detroit Autorama in 18days!!!

I'll update the pics once the motor is in the car.

Also, here is my msq..........very rough tune......but running. This msq will not work with a stock hemi crate engine. This motor has a very big cam. However the ignition settings would be the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boost junkie
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by boost junkie »

Um... WOW! I bet that thing is going to scream! What car is that going in? Anyway, I'm glad you got it going. Oh yeah, post more pics!
-shawn
msns-e controled turbo neon
sample msq's!
borgdron
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 5.7 Hemi Crate Engine

Post by borgdron »

How is the project going.
Is the code for stock crank trigger available?
I'm a newbie, I know nothing about this but know a guy that does.

Thanks
SMALOR
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by SMALOR »

This project finished in the GREAT EIGHT at Detroit Autorama. Car's name is R'Evolution.

It's running fairly well now. We had issues to overcome with some bad injectors (Venom are NFG) and a wonky crank sensor. Much better now. In the spring we will do some more tuning and get it dialed in better.

hemiaction is running this setup in cold weather and tells me that you should use 560 ohm resistors in place of the 660 ohm resistors recommended in the manual for the COP wasted spark setup. I agree as the spark is a little weak with the 660's in place.

The code for the stock crank trigger on these engines is as I said before. Boostjunkies NGC code variant. Originally written for Neon I4 engines. I figured out the trigger settings to use this code for the Hemi V8......they have been posted and are in the msq file above. That is an old msq the fuel maps are probably no where close for a stock hemi but the trigger and spark settings should be right.
janni_ruda
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by janni_ruda »

hi. is it a hallsensor on the cranktrigger? or a VR sensor? and do you need 8 vb921? doesen´t it work with 4 and wastedspark? thanks johan
whitejeepguy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by whitejeepguy »

janni_ruda wrote:hi. is it a hallsensor on the cranktrigger? or a VR sensor? and do you need 8 vb921? doesen´t it work with 4 and wastedspark? thanks johan

It is a hall sensor (3 wires) and you DO need 8 vb921's per the MS2 manual. Each coil gets it very own vb921 even though it is wasted spark.