'88 Horizon 2.2 Auto - Honda Dual-Carbs

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
BkWdsDrftr
MegaSquirt Newbie

'88 Horizon 2.2 Auto - Honda Dual-Carbs

Post by BkWdsDrftr »

A few of you will know that this was way overdue, however today the car fired-up and soon might be drivable. The throttle cable still needs a bracket made, and the little bit of Honda cable hanging off of the carbs needs some kind of end brazed on to attach the Chrysler cable to.

My Horizon was previously running the original Chrysler TBI using a MS II V. 3, posted in this forum last fall.

I got these dual CV's from a friend who just put a crate engine into his Civic. He didn't want to change his intake, so he stayed with the PGM throttle-body and gave me the carbs for helping get his car to run.

I had to build an intake manifold to make this work, one reason why it took a while to get this far. I have a feeling my manifold might have tuning issues, as one carb is spitting vapor backwards out the front of the venturi. The intake was made from a motorcycle exhaust header I found at the Sound Cycle bike wrecking yard.

Once I get the initial bugs worked out, is when this gets interesting. These carbs are supposed to have a computer to operate several vacuum solenoids. For the time being, I'm just running with everything capped-off and the power-valves connected straight to the intake. Once I get the ignition close and get a feel for how the car drives, then I'll start to use the spare outputs to control the carbs better.

"...oh, the car? I don't care about the car, it's the computer I'm trying to get running..."