1973 Plymouth 'Cuda

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
janimm
MegaSquirt Newbie

1973 Plymouth 'Cuda

Post by janimm »

Hi,

I quess this could be called a success story, since now it runs pretty well :shock:

Car runs great, of course there is some fine tuning to do, but I haven't got any problems with MS. Here is a link to my project:

http://www.jani-immonen.net/cuda/index.html

Engine:
360cid V8 + Tremec TKO 600 + 8 3/4 3:91
MegaSquirt II, 3.57 PCB
8x 55lb/hr, 2.0 Ohm
Ford EDIS8
Innovate LC-1 + Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor
Holset HX52 Pro turbo

I have been reading the msefi forum during last winter, and a lot of problems were solved before encountered. I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES IN THESE FORUMS! Because of you, a lot of things were so much easier to understand. :D
Last edited by janimm on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Righteous
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1973 Plymouth 'Cuda

Post by Dr. Righteous »

Whooa. Sweet setup!

I'm planning a Megasquirt on my 360 Magnum Ramcharger. The engine is a transplant into a pre-EFI Ramcharger. I have the entire EFI setup still that I plan to use.
My question is about the Holset turbocharger on you engine. That is from a Cummins Diesel correct? How does it preform as a single turbo on that setup?
I have been told that a single turbo from a diesel is far too small for a V8 even though the cubic inches for both engines are pretty much the same. How is your setup doing??
TurboCharge it!
Then I'm interested!
janimm
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by janimm »

Hi,

I think it performs just fine, although boost does come quite late (>3000 rpm). After that, wastegate opens very quickly (at 0.7 bar boost), so it seems like there is a lot of reserve in amount of boost.

I'm happy with it! 8)
janimm
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by janimm »

dustbull70
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dustbull70 »

Thats awesome!! You just did everything that i want to do to my duster in the next few years. Rite now im in the planning stages of the MS system until i can have enough down time to convert it from carb (its my dd). What kind of numbers did you get from the dyno? Also, what kind/size of throttle body did you go with? Congrats!
janimm
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by janimm »

Performance:
477hp @ 4562rpm
807Nm (595ft-lb) @ 3917rpm
Boost: 1.0bar (14.5psi)

Throttle body is Edelbrock 1000cfm unit.

Full specs here:
http://www.jani-immonen.net/cuda/specs.html
dustbull70
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dustbull70 »

After seeing your cuda, i may have to get a turbo sooner than i was planning...Those numbers are awesome with 'stock heads' and the cubic inches. Thats some pretty big boost too. Great work, i love your site too btw. (its crazy how similarly 'themed' our cars are haha)
janimm
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by janimm »

Still running strong - now with E85.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.