90 Eagle Talon MS2 extra

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
epa nightmare
MegaSquirt Newbie

90 Eagle Talon MS2 extra

Post by epa nightmare »

Well, it's up and running and I'm racking up the miles. I'm still in the process of fine tuning, but it's getting there. Hopefully, I'll get to make some runs at the drag strip in the next few weeks and see how much of an improvement I've made over the factory ECU. It already feels faster and the drivabilty is vastly improved over the factory ECU with a MAF translator and a GM MAF.

1990 Eagle Talon
4G63 with Eagle crank and rods and Arias pistons, 8.8:1 compression,
MHI small 16G turbo,
SBR race front mount intercooler,
3 inch stainless exhaust with O2 housing eliminator,
SBR (old school ) exhaust manifold,

MS2 extra V3.0,
2.0.1 firmware,
Duel VE tables,
400 kPa map sensor (aka the Map Daddy)
Opto couplers jumped on both the primary and secondary ignition signals,
Stock cam angle sensor,
GM ECT and AIT,
Inovate LC1 wide band O2 sensor,
FIC 750 cc fuel injectors,
An adapter harness fabricated from a 1.8L ECU connector so that I could swap between the factory ECU and MegaSquirt.

And thanks to everybody that provided the information and the write ups, or answered any questions that I've had that made this posible. :yeah!:

Here's a recent msq and data log to show where I'm at with the tune, It's running a little rich in the data log because I had just installed a high volume, high pressure fuel pump and was still readjusting the VE tables .
2009-03-01 duel tables mod41 after new fuel pump .msq
2009-03-01 test drive 3 .xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
epa nightmare
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 90 Eagle Talon MS2 extra

Post by epa nightmare »

Just thought I'd post a few pictures and an update. So for, I have over 12,500 miles on the car since installing the MS2 and I couldn't be happier. The car runs better now than it ever has with the stock ECU and MAF translator. My best quarter mile time to date has been 12.5 @109.1 MPH with a 1.72 60 ft time. My next steps are to fabricate an adaptor plate for the throttle body so that I can use a GM idle speed control motor, as I'm not sure how to control the stock ISCM with the MS2, and implement lanch control and boost control.