Jensen Interceptor Mk3 (with Chrysler 440)

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Jensen Interceptor Mk3 (with Chrysler 440)

Post by Philip Lochner »

Hi all

I've just bought this car and fully intend 'squirting it.

I am particularly keen to hear from you regarding which intake manifolds I could use. I just want the car to be a nice but optimised road car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards
Philip
My MS projects: viewtopic.php?t=20086
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Re: Jensen Interceptor Mk3 (with Chrysler 440)

Post by Philip Lochner »

It started today now with wasted spark ignition controlled by Megasquirt-2!!

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGd33iah ... y-ydIjmqUg

Not without a moment of concern though - forgot briefly that an auto needs to be in P or N to start.... and with all my activity in the centre console area...

Right, Megasquirt-2 ECU and harness is now installed (in the centre storage box) and the coil packs and ignition module is now mounted. The crank damper has been modified (still needs to be balanced) with grooves cut into it to convert it into a 36-1 trigger wheel.

If the engine is at TDC, the missing tooth is at 90deg anti-clockwise (from the TDC mark) and the sensor is mounted in the vicinity of the oil pump at the 12th tooth counted anti-clockwise from the missing tooth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards
Philip
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Post by Philip Lochner »

Today, I managed to get the Tacho (Rev counter) working as well!

I modified the Tacho by soldering a resistor in parallel with the input resistor, thus lowering the input resistance of the Tacho. This worked well when I was still running the dissy with the MSD6A. MS now has a tacho circuit built on the proto area with a 3k9 pull-up resistor (its what came to hand) to 12V. MS-2 (via JS10) drives a 2N2222 tranny for the 50% duty cycle tacho output.

At the same time I built a programmable output which I intend using to power up the LC-1 WBO. I normally use the D+ output of the alternator to energize a relay which then feeds 12V to the WBO. This car does not have that, so, plan B was for MS to activate the relay via a programmable output but only once the engine has started. I used JS0 and JS2 for this purpose but it took me an hour or two before I remembered that one needs to connect JS9 to S12c before this will work.

Next step is to install the WBO (Innovate MTX-L) - even though the car still has the 4-barrel carb. I want to see what AFRs I get with the carb - just cause I'm curious. In fact, I want to see how well I can get the car to perform on the carb.
Kind regards
Philip
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Post by Philip Lochner »

And now the engine is running with EFI!

Intake manifold: Edelbrock Performer RPM (modified for EFI)
Throttle body: Edelbrock 38783
Ignition: 4 outputs from MS-2 for wasted spark using EDIS coil packs
Fuel supply: Jaguar XJS surge tank with Audi 4 bar submerged fuel pump in the surge tank

Kind regards
Philip
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Post by Philip Lochner »

A good friend made a video on this car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ot1LXUpMUA
Kind regards
Philip