GunPilot64, 1977 Dodge Ramcharger

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

GunPilot64 1977 Dodge Ramcharger

Post by GunPilot64 »

Name: George Harris (GunPilot64)
Vehicle: 1977 Dodge Ramcharger 4WD
Engine: 360 V8, bore .030, headers, dual exhaust, forged pistons, ported 'J' heads/2.02 valves
Injection: I used a stock '90 TBI and intake manifold
Description: The mighty Ramus is rebuilt from a derelict I bought for $900. All new drivetrain, now EFI. Can A/C be far behind? 3/4 ton axles, lockers, part-time kit, new interior.

Currently in the process of tuning the MS. Thanks to Glen Hoag for a great kit. Made it so much easier to assemble. Using the relay board, and built a Stim too.
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

GunPilot64 1977 Dodge Ramcharger

Post by GunPilot64 »

Megasquirt at Moab!
To test my new MS installation, what better adventure than a trip to Moab? Over 1000 miles of driving round trip, over 7500' mountain passes, and two full days of trail beating.

The MS never faltered and the performance was great. Having EFI on the angles helped immensely. Obstacles that would have stopped me last year with a carb were no problem.

Fuel mileage was good, at least considering a 360 V8 running at 3000 RPM for hours on end.

I may have created some converts.... :twisted:
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by GunPilot64 »

6-month report: after continuous trail-bashing, washboard roads, arduous 4x4 trails, (and around town driving) the MS has been flawless. Not so much as one hiccup. I have not touched the tuning on it since October.
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

One Year Report

Post by GunPilot64 »

The MegaSquirt 2.2 has withstood the Arizona summer, and thousands of miles of washboard roads, 4X4 trails, and pretty hard beating. I have not had to do anything to it. I have not had a single problem with the system.

The interior of the truck gets to well over 120 F in the summer, and there is high humidity during July and August. Not a problem yet. I am anxiously awaiting a MSII chip so I can run spark control too.

It always starts instantly and runs like a sewing machine. One of the best mods I could have done. Thanks B&G and the whole MS community for creating and supporting this great product.

GP64, OCT 05
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by GunPilot64 »

Now running MS-II. Tuning to follow... waiting on WB O2.
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

Going on 3 years...

Post by GunPilot64 »

The original MS-I V2.2 is still running great. Tuning only got better with the addition of the Innovate LC-1 wideband O2. Highly recommended.
GunPilot64
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by GunPilot64 »

March 12, 2008. Still runs great on the original setup. Drove it 1400 miles polling a 17-ft bass boat, and it averaged 12 miles per gallon, which is about 2 miles per gallon better than factory new. Drove it today, runs awesome.
I-W
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: GunPilot64, 1977 Dodge Ramcharger

Post by I-W »

hello if you ever check this again do you have pics of the engine? i would like to
see your setup and where you put the Ms ECU. also like to see pics of the IAC and
how you wired the distributor. what distributor did you use? i possibly will be picking
up a 78 dodge w150 4X4 with a 360 and want to know how you set it up. i have tons
of questions. hope we can chat some time.

Thanks