Joshua, 1987 Audi 5000TQ

Joshua, 1987 Audi 5000TQ

Post by Guest »

Name: Joshua

Vehicle: 1987 Audi 5000TQ

Engine:

Injection: I used an aluminum extruded fuel rail from 034efi.com (which worked out very well), Bosch 30 lb. injectors, and a Saab 900 turbo air filter assembly. For the TPS, I'm using a subaru unit.

Description: Finally, after much procrastination, I've managed to finish a megasquirt install on my 1987 Audi 5000TQ. I'm still tinkering with tuning, and have quite a ways to go there, but the car runs surprisingly well at this stage of the game.

I used an aluminum extruded fuel rail from 034efi.com (which worked out
very well), Bosch 30 lb. injectors, and a Saab 900 turbo air filter assembly. For the TPS, I'm using a subaru unit, and I've built a little
daughter board for the megasquirt and written some software to synthesize the stock throttle switch inputs so that the idle will be controlled by the stock idle controller (which it does quite nicely) and so that the boost will be properly controlled by the stock ECU.

I've got plans to synthesize the air flow plate signal so that the trip computer will function as normal, but I have some hardware to build first. (spi D/A converter)