Nicholas, 1989 VW Jetta

redjetta
MegaSquirt Newbie

Nicholas, 1989 VW Jetta

Post by redjetta »

Name: Nicholas

Vehicle: 1989 VW Jetta

Engine: 2L 8v ABA (from 1993 golf), punched out with forged JEs, lightened and balanced, journals blueprinted.

Injection: Port injection, Siemens Deka 36lb/hr, custom aluminium intake manifold, Honda CBR600f4 throttle bodies.

Description: MSnS-E 029s on V3, single coil / distributor / crank 60-2 wheel, innovate LC-1, KnockSenseMS.
redjetta
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redjetta »

Turned to Alpha-N, got it idling, got a friend to drive while I played around on the laptop. Far better throttle response, and pretty easy to tune. It helps to look at spark maps for normal cars. After about three hours of tuning it was smooth through all RPMs, easy to start from stopped, and super lean at cruise. Nothing at WOT because the engine is still breaking in. Rev limiter is set to 4500 for the same reason.
redjetta
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redjetta »

4,000km on motor now. runs well, still has some lean and rich spots. accel enrichment needs tuning, there is no tip-in at all. purchased nitrous bottle, solenoid, gauges, nozzles, pressure switches, etc. aiming for 80 shot direct port dry, with extra's fuel enrichment and spark table switching.
redjetta
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redjetta »

my car was hit by another on the highway, lots of damage but luckily the motor is fine. it got me home. the car is repairable. i had already started on another car, so i'm saving to fix this car. may be a while until the nitrous is working!