VW 2.0L16V using MSII

johnygolf
MegaSquirt Newbie

VW 2.0L16V using MSII

Post by johnygolf »

Well, it finally runs good enough to post this, soo here it goes. Running a 2.0L16V VW, using MSII V3 board 2.687 code variant. Engine internals are stock, except .6mm mill on head(slight increase in compression). Using ford 76mm throttle body(single plane), eurosport acc race header(tri-y no cat), 30lb high imp. injectors, inovative motorsports LC-1 wideband and there analog gauge. I think that covers it. The car ran 131whp and 124 torque at a dyno day 3 weeks ago. Car was about 70% tuned at that time. Here are my msq. for any who want to critisize or compliment. Have fun, Rob C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I didn't know what I was doing untill this.
vwjunkie42
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: VW 2.0L16V using MSII

Post by vwjunkie42 »

are you useing the stock 16v hall if so how do you have it wired. i am doing something similar and getting no rpm signal
screenman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by screenman »

Hello, sorry for my bad english... but ...

firts thanks for msq file... it's a big help for start point!.. i will probably try to start my block tonight!(2.0l 16v 9a 7lbs flywhell ,30lbs injectors ms2 v3pcb)...

second; use pull up resistor 1kohms for oem 16v hall sensor... read about that in megafile...

so let me some test of your file and we probably exchange tunning info soon!...
LP
Mansoor
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Mansoor »

Hi dear friend
i'm trying to runs MSII extra on an ABF with VR cranck sensor,coil packs and waste spark mode
can you help me about these settings?

Required Fuel?
Trigger angle/offset?
spark output?
trigger wheel teeth (60)?
missing teeth (2)?
teeth #1 angle (BTDC)?(it is more important for me)

thank you so much
scirockets
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by scirockets »

Hey there, Rob C.

Are you still running the MSII setup? I'm getting close to turning the key on a 1986 Scirocco 16V with the 1984cc 16V engine, Innovate LC-1 wideband 02 sensor, direct coil control with VB921 coil driver, stock 4-window distributor for hall sensor input, slightly hotter Techtonics cams and a Techtonics stainless 2 1/4" exhaust.

I'm using the msq file you posted as a starting point. Have you done more tuning?

The one thing that I can't get my head around is ignition settings like trigger angle, input capture and spark output.

Hope to hear from you on this; I can't find many people with similar setups.

-Dave Marx
84MK1GTI
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 84MK1GTI »

Ok So i am running your MSQ file and i like it for my starting point. however I am having a issue with my RPM.
as soon as i get to 3450rpm I loose everything. I have done logging and racked my brain trying to figure this out. wondering if you have any ideas. i am running 2.0 16v and it runs fine on the CIS-E crap.
johnygolf
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by johnygolf »

Sorry for not being on here in a while. I'm using an MSD6 box and coil. Using the factory hall effect dizzy to trigger the vb921 coil driver, the output of that triggers the MSd box. This was the easiest fix for me. Last run on the dyno put 142hp at the tires. new map will take a while to get on here. have new laptop now. Running max timing around 36deg. will check back often for coments. car now is not running(got wrecked). engine is wating rebuild( 12-1 comp, 288 TT cams, custom header and long runniner intake). I will post that msq file when done...
I didn't know what I was doing untill this.
jonnyphenomenon
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jonnyphenomenon »

Hey JohnyGolf, any update on that msq file? Im running am almost identical setup with my rocco, but with the vb921 going directly to the coil - and it runs like CRAP. Im pretty frustrated with it. I tried using newer code and it wouldnt let my fuel pump run. Im kind of at a loss. still struggling with this, and its making me mad. :(