golf vr6 2.8 aaa coilpack n/a and turbo msq

Post by redeye »

hi everyone i thought id try uploading my msq files for my 93golf vr6
ms1 v3 (029y4)

n/a

stock compresion

36lb injectors

techedge linear wideband

3xvb921 direct drive (stock amp removed)

stock 4bar fuel reg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by redeye on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

here is my turbo msq

same as above but fitted with a t04e t4 turbo and .84 hotside apt manifold and 3in downpipe running 8psi of boost threw a large intercooler

i will upload my another one when i get my headspacer fitted and walbro 255lph fuel pump running @ 1 bar :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D_Bat
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: golf vr6 2.8 aaa coilpack n/a and turbo msq

Post by D_Bat »

Hey there redeye. I am changing over to MS in my VR6 Turbo Jetta. Glad to see there are a few people here that have done it. I plan on documenting everything. Hopefully.

Right now I am running a pre-programmed C2 42lb Injector setup. I am rebuilding the block and I'm going to use that tune to break it in for the first few 1k miles and then once the engine is properly broken in I should have the harness built up and I can just swap it in. I'll swap in a low lb spring for the wastegate and get it tuned again for the 42lb setup. :) Hopefully it shouldn't take to long to get the parameters in.

This is my first MS setup that I've ever done so it's going to be fun I think. I'm doing all the research for all the mods I need to do to the MS board right now in my free time. :) Hopefully my write up will encourge more people to go to MS instead of using the pre-programmed 30, 36, and 42lb setups that are made for the MK3 VR6's right now.
1999 Jetta VR6 - Daily Driver - 14.9@93
Soon : 1986 Scirocco VR6
RIP : 1987 Jetta GL
RIP : 1986 Jetta Coupe
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

hello hows it going. i now have lo-imp evo lancer 560cc injectors fitted because i had them given 4 free (646cc with the stock 4 bar reg) a walbro 255lph inline pump. ford zetec open element iat sensor and colder sparkplugs brk9eix gapped at 0.055mm and boosting upto 21psi the duty cyle on the injectors are at 65% the car runs really well and has been used daily for a few months now with this map. ive not had on a dyno i set my timing map with an amplifier and headphones on the knock sensor listening for detonation while driving (whisper2000) i maybe could advance more?? but the car feel dangerous with the timing as it is and traction problems. i maybe able to run less boost and more timing? any experts wana check my spark table out comments welcome . my next plans are to make a short runner intake to move things away from the exhaust heat
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

here is my latest msq i have a 4bar map fitted and a sri i have revised the spark map this is the best i have ever had it running so far pulls real strong up top.268 cams and water injection are my next plans ive attached a datalog im rich up in high boost needs a little leaner tuning but im waiting for the meth first.
here is a few screen shots as requested in pm hope they work :D
VOLKS-MAN
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by VOLKS-MAN »

Are you using the OBD2 throttle body for IAC, or are you using PWM stepper motor?
Thanks for the screen shots!! :D
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

my car has obd1 throttle body with tps and i use a 2 wire idle control valve :)
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

i purchased my ecu ready built from phil ringwood at extraefi with all the lume labeled for easy wiring preloaded with paul-vr6 base map installed wiring took me about 2 hour to wire up i just followed these wiring instructions for his ecu s http://www.extraefi.co.uk/Drawings/PDF_ ... wiring.pdf (one of the spark pins is wrong 50? if i remember)
altered my required fuel to suit my injectors then she started first time
coasion
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by coasion »

I am about to buy a megasquirt for a vr6 with coilpacks and i was just wondering what I need. Iv had people tell me the MS2 with a wide band 02 is that all i need or is there anything else.
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

im unsure on ms2 ive never used it. if ur car is obd2 id get an obd1 throttle body for it and use ms1 v3 with a wideband and a cheap laptop for tuning thats all you need