Eaton Supercharged VR6

eatona2vr
MegaSquirt Newbie

Eaton Supercharged VR6

Post by eatona2vr »

I have a 1992 Golf with a OBD1 Coilpack VR6, I am wondering if anybody has the proper dwell settings available for a coilpack VR6?? I have 42lb/hr injectors and am using megatune version 2.25. If you can help please do!!If anyone has screen shots available for your vr6 coilpack car(spark settings and dwell settings) please post!!! i have included my MSQ file for all to see, the car starts sometimes and has zero power after 3000 rpm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Eaton Supercharged VR6

Post by redeye »

what plugs do you have and what spark gap are you running try brk7e plugs with a small gap of .022" also try a running dwell (ms) 3.2 and min discharge period (ms) 0.1 this worked for me good luck
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

just looked at your msq and seem to be a lot of advance timing in the spark map but then i noticed your wheel decoder settings and spark settings are different to my msq ps were did you get your base map from cheers
eatona2vr
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by eatona2vr »

hey redeye! I have pretty much figured out that map and settings from scratch- what are your wheel settings?
Thank you for the help so far, I am already getting new plugs and i fried a starter( whoooo!! lifetime warranty!!!!)
redeye
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by redeye »

i got some screenshots of my spark and wheel settings here viewtopic.php?f=88&t=22609
i run have to run alot less timing with these settings so be carefull not to bust your piston ringlands ... it pulls like a plane on the runway all the way upto 7000rpm on stock cams