2.0l Turbo fsi

soerencarlsen
MegaSquirt Newbie

2.0l Turbo fsi

Post by soerencarlsen »

Hello group.
This is my first time here in this forum.
I have just got this engine with the engine wiring loom and all sencors.! Does anyone have a clue to the possiblety of running this engine (Golf V 2.0l Turbo FSI) with the megasquirt ecu??
I will appreciate all comments.
Thanks Soerencarlsen
MegaSquirt Newbie

phj420
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2.0l Turbo fsi

Post by phj420 »

fsi means Fuel straight injection. I know that the injector opening time must be something special, like .1ms. You would need to set up sequential injection. I don't know if the resolution of the new board that does sequential injection is good enough for direct injection, but you should probably post this question at www.megamanual.com/forums instead of on MSruns. you will get more responses that way. I know that a standalone MSII can't do sequential injection.

check this out
http://www.megamanual.com/seq/index.htm

good luck
2108cc Turbo VW Sandrail
MSII, EDIS, Custom header, intake, fuel rails, plenum, H20 intercooler & more
Read my success story
kholman
Site Admin

Post by kholman »

but you should probably post this question at http://www.megamanual.com/forums instead of on MSruns. you will get more responses that way.
Actually the link should probably be http://www.msefi.com instead.
Forum Admin Team
terotin
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by terotin »

FSI actually stands for Fuel Stratified Injection.

You cannot use FSI-injectors with MS. In stock MED9 Motronic, they are opened using about 60V voltage spike. Currently there is no aftermarket solution for FSI-system.

You can remove the stock injectors though, and make a new intake manifold and place normal injectors there.
phj420
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by phj420 »

Hey man, I have heard it called both fuel straight injection and fuel stratified injection. It is easier for me to remember Fuel straight injection because it is directly injected.

I know that it uses two modes, stratified economy mode which uses a stratified charge and a mostly open throttle, and a high power mode which is more like regular fuel injection. This would mean that you also need to use a computer controlled throttle and drive by wire.

I also know that it uses two fuel pumps to bring the pressure to around 110 bar (1595 PSI) which is a little bit higher than we use with standard injection.

If you have this engine and intend to use it you will need to use the fuel system and ecu out of the car it came from, or make a new manifold like Terotin said. It would be a shame if that engine was downgraded to normal fuel injection. It is awesome in my MV GTI. ABSOLUTLY AWESOME. It has power at 1500 rpm, makes over 200 HP and it gets over 30mpg highway

I also know that there are companies that work on aftermarket tuning, and can re-flash the stock ECU based on your setup. I have mine chipped by GIAC and they really know what they are doing.
2108cc Turbo VW Sandrail
MSII, EDIS, Custom header, intake, fuel rails, plenum, H20 intercooler & more
Read my success story
soerencarlsen
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by soerencarlsen »

I thank you all for the good replys , another issue is the vw ecu is locked by a key pincode and can not be opened unles there is the car vin # as I am told. Thats why I look into a stand alone ECU,
Soren
Paul_VR6
Helpful Squirter

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Soren, I'm currently working with a customer to convert a 2L FSI to normal EFI and run Megasquirt. We're welding the injector bosses in the head but you could easily leave the injectors in place and just take out the fuel pump cam tappet. You'd have to run a custom intake manifold with efi bosses, injectors, fuel rail, etc. Not impossible, but it's a big change in hardware.

FSI might be possible on MS3 once the angle clock works, but I'm sure it's a long way away.
-Paul
1995 GTI VR6 12.833@105
2.8l 12v on MS1-3.57/HR10G - retired
3.2l 24v on MS3 - beta test completed - retired
??? on MS3/3x/IOx/? next up...K&P Performance - KPTuned.com