1990 G60 Corrado - 1.8L 8 valve

gofastant
MegaSquirt Newbie

1990 G60 Corrado - 1.8L 8 valve

Post by gofastant »

Finally on the road to a running Megasquirt'd G60. Just thought that I'd post up the screen shots here for anyone else wondering where to start. I attempted to start it with the Ford EDIS system for a long time but couldn't keep it running for some reason. I'd like to go back to EDIS after I get a good tune, though. Note that these settings are just for idling, I will update this as I get a better tune.

*** MS2 Code: 2.886
*** Engine: stock PG 1.8 L, 8 valve
*** Tach Input: Ford 36-1 tooth wheel welded to the back of the serp pulley. Sensor is 90 degrees before TDC. Wires are backwards, using the inverse jumper on the board.
*** Ignition Output: stock distributor & coil controlled by MS
*** Fuel: 30 lb red tops with stock 3 bar FPR
*** Injector wiring: Wired in 2 banks, can run alternating squirts if I want to but simultaneous right now.
*** Throttle position input: An auto G60 throttle body with the TPS
*** Exhaust sensing input: AEM wideband controller/gauge combo
*** Power relays: The stock relays are perfect for this, just use the wires in the bay. Take the power wire for the ECU, plug it into MS. Take the power wire for the stock O2 sensor, plug that into the AEM unit.
*** Idle Control: None right now, I have the original idle valve there but it's blocked off for the moment.

dirtytorque
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1990 G60 Corrado - 1.8L 8 valve

Post by dirtytorque »

cool.

how are u getting on with that sparkl table.
Engine rev freely,good power?
No Det?
8)
MS2 g60 Corrado. 14psi.
gofastant
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by gofastant »

That spark table is actually my interpretation of VW's original map, so far so good:

rubadubtub
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by rubadubtub »

good idea using the original spark map, what fuel octane ?
use 95 ron myself, my spark map could be wound on a bit, initially i used the reduce timing by 1 degree for every pound of boost, went well even at that :lol:
ms must have been designed for turbocharging!
go on, fit a turbo "you know you want to"
gofastant
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by gofastant »

Here in the states we are lucky to get 93 octane but most states are down to 91. Not sure what the equivalent is over there. When 93 was available, G60 owners would advance the base timing by 2 degrees so if I stick with this map I should be OK.
gofastant
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by gofastant »

My 7 year old daughter has adopted this computer so I'll update it before she kills it with viruses from gaming sites. I was on the way to a much better tune but the crank bolt broke. I'm converting to 16V and will be selling my 1.8L EDIS stuff. Check in the classifieds. The following is with direct coil control. Got a pretty good cold start:

ewillard
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ewillard »

could you post your accel enrichment settings im haveing serius accel enrich problems and cant sort it out
gofastant
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by gofastant »

Well I think I had some dirty injectors or a shoddy harness because I fiddled with the VE table for a while and was never happy with driveability. Didn't really get into Accell enrichments. You should try to get the VE close to perfect before messing with accell. It's primarily for preventing lean spots.

Also, I messed with a couple different ISV's and couldn't get those working right. Resolution was so poor, never seemed to get a consistent idle.
ewillard
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ewillard »

i would love to tune it without accel enrich on. but npo mater what i do i cannot turn it off i have it set to advanced enrich ment because the basic enrichment dose not work it makes the car all but undriveable no mater what i seet the graph to or what i set the threshold to it dosnt make a diffrene it just runs like "crap". if anyone cant advice me to how to turn it off that would be wonderfull
gofastant
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by gofastant »

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mwire.htm#clt

If the acceleration enrichment (AE) on your MegaSquirt® EFI controller comes on for no apparent reason, it will make the car run rich. It will also run jerky while cruising. If this happens, check your TPSdot threshold setting on the enrichments page of MegaTune - if this is really low, then you will get erroneous triggers due to small noise spikes or bit error. Generally, you should use a value of 0.97 volts/second or above.

If the above doesn't solve the TPS accel enrichment events, check to see that the TPS wires are not near spark plug wires that could introduce noise. Also, check to make sure that the TPS ground wire has a good connection - this could also cause random accel triggers. Watch the runtime screen at idle to see if the TPS number bounces around.