91 gti 1.8t msII

20vmk2
MegaSquirt Newbie

91 gti 1.8t msII

Post by 20vmk2 »

What i was told i needed and that i have sence ordered.

MS230-K with v3.0 PCB
JimStim-K
Mk-Boost
Ms Harness
EBC_Sol_kit
IATwPiggy
38NPT-Bung_A
Tune Cable
USB-2920

A little about my project. I have a 91 vw gti that started its life as a 16v. It was fully built by the previous owner. (high comp, cams lignted everyhting heder the hole 9 yards.) I took all that out and traded it to my buddie for his girls totaled 02 vw gti with a 1.8t (awp).

I took the 1.8t out and put it into my mk2 and took all the factory emissions and vacume crap off. I have a front mout intercooler with all the plumbing. (obviously lol) My turbo is still factory for know K03s. I am using the mk2 interior wiring for the car. Megasquirt is going to control the engine.

If anyone has any pointers or experiance with the similar setup i am all ears. I have been reading the mega manual and diyautotune FAQ, and searching this site. My buddie bought megasquirt and we will actully be mesing around with his tomarrow. Hopefully i will learn something because rite know i fell like i know absolutly nothing i am a hands on person reading dosent do it for me.

The main thing i dont understand is how im running spark i told the people at diyautotune i want to run the factory press in coil packs.

Thanks for any help its greatly appreciated. Good luck with all of your project
hax
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 91 gti 1.8t msII

Post by hax »

why go with ms2 and not ms1? im using ms1 v3 with a wasted spark set up. i have the same thing going on, 87 gti with an awp from an 03 jetta. still working out the tuning which is a pain because its my first time.
20vmk2
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 20vmk2 »

i wanted to keep the factory coils and not wasted spark. Too much cluster lol. But the guys at diyautotune told me this would be the best for the setup i wanted to run
mahler
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by mahler »

On my 16v setup I used a waste spark coil and a crank trigger setup from 034motorsport. It works great. And I won't ever have to deal with the leaky side mount distributor.
Jeremiah Mahler
1980 Vw Rabbit Truck, MS2Extra, 2.0 16v
AWP 1.8T Corrado
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by AWP 1.8T Corrado »

hax wrote:why go with ms2 and not ms1? im using ms1 v3 with a wasted spark set up. i have the same thing going on, 87 gti with an awp from an 03 jetta. still working out the tuning which is a pain because its my first time.
i totally feel you on this... trigger angles all that stuff goes right over my head. I like the autotune feature to make the map :D but the spark table stuff is jamming me up - sucks when you hear ping. I finally got 2.5 piping and a rather large intercooler. Don't hear the ping so much only at like higher psi's. I'm getting all the kinks out of my swap... Did you have any issues putting the mk2 bracket onto the awp? My motor moves around terrible, believe my rear hydro mount is shot, will be upgrading to a mk2 solid, your gti could either have hydro or solid, wanted to see what you did for mounts since the g60 and mk2 are basically the same k-frame iirc.

let me know if you have a good base file i'm looking for a decent file to mess around with for a 1.8t k03s awp.
bertelli_1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by bertelli_1 »

Have a look at my website, http://www.conrod.co.uk I have been driving around in my 20vt Mk2 Golf for a couple of years now & have ironed out most problems.
'squirted & turbo'd Mk2 Golf