MegaSquirt Newbie

16vt MS1 v2.2 (running really rich)

Post by boostd9a »

ok here are my settings for fuel.

i went from a 2.5 bar fpr to a 3.0 bar fpr
440 cc injectors
lowered my req_fuel from 7.6m/s to 6.9m/s
2 squirts
and my injectors are wired 1-2 and 3-4 (patatron unit)

im sorry im not at my computer and thats all of the info off the top of my head.

ok so heres whats going on. When i first connected the laptop with ms i was rushing through the setups. by mistake or just by not thinking i selected a MAF sensor to run with my megasquirt. so it was running stupid rich. flooding fuel out of the exhaust pipe. so i went back and found that and switched it over to speed density. so the car starts up and idles great. i have a ton of gas in my oil from running super rich before, and alot is blowing through the turbo and out the exhaust. my afr reads 7-1 at idle. that is retarded rich for the way the car sounds and is running. im not running the car anymore due to all of the gas in my oil and dont want to destroy my rings or wash down my cylinder walls. so im hoping once i change the oil its not gonna be as rich anymore.

Any thoughts?

Concerns?

What are your engine constants set at?

i searched and searched and searched. registered at 3 different megasquirt forums and found nothing.

heres a link to the vwvortex link(alot more info):[url]http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr ... ally-rich)[/url]

attached below is my current tune msq file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.